Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Opks question...ugh!

I hope my picture shows up.

Anyways, My test lines were getting darker and then started to get lighter. It never got the same or darker than the control line. This is my first month using opks, so I dont have any other cycles to compare it to. What is the deal? Has anyone had this happen? Does this mean I wont ovulate this cycle?

Advertisement

Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
iheartcruise912
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opks question...ugh!

You could have just missed the surge, or you may have geared up to O, but didn't. If that's the case, you could see a darkening again, or maybe not O at all this time. I hope it's just that you missed it tho!! I'm no expert on them, but this is from personal experience and reading.

I do jewelry & graphic design
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PDSreCork
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PolkaDotSquareDesign
iheartcruise912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
iheartcruise912
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could have just missed the surge, or you may have geared up to O, but didn't. If that's the case, you could see a darkening again, or maybe not O at all this time. I hope it's just that you missed it tho!! I'm no expert on them, but this is from personal experience and reading.

I do jewelry & graphic design
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PDSreCork
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PolkaDotSquareDesign
iheartcruise912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcruise912
Thanks for the reply! I hope I just missed it as we have been busy every other night. Sigh, this baby making/guessing is hard! Lol
Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
MarzipanCat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here's what I figured out about OPKs --

Morning pee is bad. I never got a + in the morning. I'd test after work usually, unless it was the weekend, then early afternoon. When it was getting close to when I thought I'd O (I charted), I'd test twice a day.

Getting lighter or darker had nothing to do with when it actually came up positive. When I was using them I'd always have a "these damn things don't work!" frustration, then like a day or two later "Ohhh right ok, that's positive."
MarzipanCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatarian
Here's what I figured out about OPKs --

Morning pee is bad. I never got a + in the morning. I'd test after work usually, unless it was the weekend, then early afternoon. When it was getting close to when I thought I'd O (I charted), I'd test twice a day.

Getting lighter or darker had nothing to do with when it actually came up positive. When I was using them I'd always have a "these damn things don't work!" frustration, then like a day or two later "Ohhh right ok, that's positive."
Thanks! I test at 12:30-1 pm everyday. I am going to keep testing, thanks for the hope! I was told that it will get darker as you get closer to your surge, then be positive, and when it was over it would get lighter, mis informed?