Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
cormama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Waking up help!

So my 2 year old dd is still addicted to nursing when she wakes up from any kind of sleep and getting back to sleep. I'm wondering if anyone has used a different way that has worked to get them happy without nursing when they first wake up. What if they aren't ready to wake up fully yet? My dd gets misearable when she wakes up too soon and the only thing that soothes her enough to go back to sleep is nursing. HELP!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

I feel for you! Those are the hardest times! Wish I had advice for you!

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
emkeegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm interested in replies too - DS is on a nursing strike since he chipped his tooth on Friday, he will only nurse in the middle of the night

But normally he wakes around 6am to nurse again, and then right before waking up, he wants more. The past few days, he's just getting up at 6am because he doesn't want to nurse.

This morning, I read him a book to get him back to sleep for a while if that helps...

Otherwise, I think it might just take a while for the transition.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Waking up help!

I'm there, too! I thought the "going to sleep" to nurse would be the hardest to cut out. My ds is almost 17 months and he seems to like the waking up nursing the most. I just got him night weaned (using the Dr. Jay Gordon way) about a month or so ago. He still wakes at night on occasion, but I don't nurse him, I just rub his back or he'll whimper a few minutes and settle down.

Anyway, he will sleep until 5-6am and then I pull him in bed with me and he nurses on and off until 7-8am. I am perfectly fine keeping that for as long as wants to. He has on his own started refusing the before nap nursing. I think he knows I am trying to get him to nap and he sits up, slides off my lap and acts like he's not interested! But, if I just go sit on the couch, he climbs up on my lap and plops himself to the side, pulls at my shirt and starts saying "na-na", which is what he calls it. And, if he DOES nap, it's usually 30-45 minutes and he wakes up crying and grumpy and fusses and pulls at my shirt until I sit down and nurse him.