Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
clexiske06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cloth Training Pants

Hi everyone,
Im new here and actually new to the cloth diaper/training world. I recently started potty training my 2yr old but i have had WAY to much pee on my floor and have seen the cloth training pants and wanted to know what you all have used and liked? My daughter is in the 100% for height and weight though and finding things to fit is sometimes a challenge any suggestions on brands?
(Sorry if this has been asked ALOT ) *I posted this in the cloth diaper forum before i realized there was this one * Oops :-/

Advertisement

clexiske06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
4ShoreRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Training Pants

I have the same issue with my son. First, don't go by pound measurements. Measure the rise and waist of your son. WAHMs can custom make trainers for you. I found the Trimsies trainer pattern fits great, but not many WAHMs make them. I ordered from this mama: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheekybum-Diapers-and-more/163771717045994
I found Blueberry trainers fit in Large as well if you want to go the store bought route.
4ShoreRN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
clexiske06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Okay thank you I will check that link out. Anyone else have tips?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clexiske06
Okay thank you I will check that link out. Anyone else have tips?
I wouldn't recommend trainers, honestly. The first week is really rough but sticking to panties only is going to make the process much more successful. The few times we tried trainers, she treated them like a diaper. They really don't feel like panties so I can't blame her.

Try to spend lots of time outside, and spend the money you would use on trainers to buy several potties. We have two little potties, a potette plus, a my carry potty, and two toilet seat inserts. My favorite for the first two weeks was the my carry potty, because we could use it anywhere, DD could carry it proudly, and it sealed if we couldn't dump it right away. Currently my favorite is the potette plus, because it fits in a (reasonably large) purse and works as a standalone potty or a toilet insert.

We used a potty sound and special treats and DD was in panties full-time from day one, at 25mo. She was dry day and night by day six, and only has the occasional accident/regression four months later.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Training Pants

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend trainers, honestly. The first week is really rough but sticking to panties only is going to make the process much more successful. The few times we tried trainers, she treated them like a diaper. They really don't feel like panties so I can't blame her.
THIS!! We tried trainers for a while, and DS treated them like diapers, we got frustrated and went back to diapers. At 22 months, we did 3 day potty training and went to underwear full time. DS has been dry (with the rare accident) from day 3. I love just using a small Bjorn while out and about. I lay a prefold inside, DS does his business, then I fold it up, put it in a wetbag, and deal with it when I get home.

But, if you are sticking with trainers, trimsies are great! I made a few for my son when we went that route. I also love the motherease trainers. They are trim enough to fit under clothes (they are poofy but it compresses) and its terry lined so they feel wet, waterproof outer, and is great b/c they are designed to only hold one pee (so they cant treat it like a diaper).
Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have been using cloth trainers and my 2 year old is doing great. To start with he would still wet them but he has got the hang of them now. I also recommend the trimsies pattern.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DS Forum
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
clexiske06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For those that didn't use cloth trainers, did you use "rubber" pants to keep all the pee off your floor? Also were your kiddos using cloth or disposable diapers before potty training? Oh and what did you do for overnight?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
For those that didn't use cloth trainers, did you use "rubber" pants to keep all the pee off your floor? Also were your kiddos using cloth or disposable diapers before potty training? Oh and what did you do for overnight?
Nope, just panties. We kept lots of cloths (prefolds and flats) on hand to clean up accidents, tried to keep her on wood floors or outside, and had a potty within arms reach at all times. We tried her every 20min for the first three days, which annoyed her!

She was in cloth, primarily prefolds.

We put wool pads on the bed for over night, but she had a history of dry nights even in diapers, so we had very few problems. You can do pad, sheet, pad, sheet so you don't need to change sheets in the night - just rip off the top layer.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Just undies here too. Two accidents is all it took. This one was in sposies (I didn't do cloth until dd2).
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote