Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Boy baby dolls?

I went to buy my son a baby doll today. Every single baby doll at TRU was wearing pink or purple. Do they not make boy baby dolls? I bought him one, and the clothes don't come off. (I was looking for a squishy one). I guess I'm not opposed to him having a girl doll, I was just surprised. Even if you buy the argument (which obviously we do not) that baby dolls are for girls, don't little girls have baby brothers?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Boy baby dolls?

There should be boy dolls, my boys both had them. I had several boy dolls when I was little. Cabbage patch kids come in boys both in the babies, tiny babies and kid sizes. I'm not sure in other brands but I have seen soft bodied dolls in blue outfits at toy stores before. My boys also had an anatomically correct Berenguer baby boy that was all plastic (I wanted something they could bathe) and then they each have a Waldorf doll that they can pretend is a boy or a girl. Kearnan's baby has changed genders but Tharen's has stayed a boy. Kearnan likes to dress his baby up in super girly clothes, I think it is an expression of his desire for a little sister, but the doll itself is genderless.

Ikea has soft dolls sort of Waldorf style in boy and girl. They sell clothes and furniture for them too.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196302/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00196304/

Last edited by iris0110; 08-07-2012 at 10:25 AM.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
taylor's mom
Registered Users

as pp mentioned, cabbage patch makes boy dolls. we have one that is all soft and meant for babies.
ds1 was asking for a boy baby so i searched etsy. the seller 'sunclover' makes amazing dolls. they are a bit pricey for a doll, but well worth it. i ended up getting one for each of the kids for christmas, and am just waiting for her to get back from vacation so i can order one for newest dd for christmas. the ones for my ds's she added "boy bits" to so they are anatomically correct. for some reason though, my boys refuse to leave the diaper and pants on their dolls, so they don't leave the house. i figure they don't need to be toting around dolls with little penises hanging out in public lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Corelle makes boy dolls

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 08-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i plan on getting DS a cabbage patch doll for Christmas since we are actively TTC and I think it would be great for him to practice and hopefully get him used to the idea of a baby I still have a boy doll from when I was little... its hard plastic and has boy bits, so that will be used when he wants to "help" with baths and diaper changes... he can take care of his baby while i take care of his sibling and then there is also the possibility he could care less about the doll, but I'll try hehe
Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had a corolle boy doll I got for DS, he was very helpful in the potty training process as well he came with his own potty and he was anatomically correct but not squishy.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
My dd has a girl and boy Baby Stella and she prefers the boy doll. Probably because it has a binky and she likes to place it on his mouth. They are soft ad sturdy and washable.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...w/d/B0036AWTDM

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
Bellaroo
Registered Users

We just bought our 22 month old DS the baby boy doll from Ikea that was linked to above.

He loves it and I love it because, at $10 a doll, I won't feel horrible if he destroys it.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had the same problem when DS was little. Believe it or not, I found one at the dollar tree! We still have it .
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Berenguer! (sp) my kids are mixed- Korean American- so I bought ds 1 a "mini" mixed boy. They are $$- but he still plays with it and ds2 likes to play with him now too!
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote