Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a larger gap with their kids

Right now my hubby does not want any more kids. I really want more kids. I don't think dh will change his mind and I am not going to beg but if he did change his mind down the road I would have a bigger gap. If I could I would have two more spaced about 2 years apart whenever I could but it isn't up to me. I saw the how long have you been breastfeeding and how long have you had a kid in diapers threads and it is making me sad. My youngest already weaned and I am about to potty train her. I didn't have a break between being pregnant and or breastfeeding until now and I only had a month or so off of diapering before the next was born. If I really think about it it makes me sad.

Advertisement

nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a 6 year gap. But I went from
1 child to 3 with the birth of the twins. It's been somewhat difficult as she is used to having me all to herself.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have a 10y 3m gap between kids. It's been nice because they are both girls and adore each other.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #4
Mpony
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a larger gap with their kids

We have an almost 10yr gap between our ds and dd who was born this Jan. I was a bit worried, but it has been wonderful. Ds loves his sister so much, is a huge help, and she adores him.
Mpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a 5 yr. gap between our 3rd and 4th. It's nice b/c the older kids can really help out around the house and with the baby. Plus they all ADORE the baby. They think she hung the moon!

My mom is 10 yrs. younger than her oldest sister and they have always been close. They still do a lot together, even though they are 52 and 62 years old!
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

almost 11 yr gap between my 4th and 5th (bc of remarriage). It's great bc the older kids are old enough to not get annoyed when the 2 yr old follows them around and gets into their stuff and they are super helpful and the 2 yr gets exposed to a lot of cool stuff- he uses a drum machine with amazing accuracy (as far as timing and so forth) and can wield a lacrosse stick and throw a ball better than they could at much older ages.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found the age gap has helped in a number of things because the baby wants to be like the older child. My DD is day trained at 18m and lives when sissy takes her to the potty. She lives when sissy just sits an plays with her.

DD 2 also has stared understanding colors and how things work at an earlier age ten DD1 because of the exposure from sissy.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

My kids are 20, almost 18, 7 1/2, 19 months and I am due in February with number 5.

Big gaps and little gaps and lots of happiness throughout
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

My first 3 kids are very close in age. 18 months apart with my ds1 and ds2 and 2 years 5 days with ds2 and dd1. We then have a 5 year and 1 month age gap between my dd1 and dd2. It has worked out really well. The big kids really love their baby sister and I think they enjoy her more than their other siblings because they don't feel like they have to share their things with her.
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I waited 4 years in between Jacob and Clara, then Clara and Maddy. Now, Emma has been the closest for us, at 3 years. Jacob is 11 years older than Emma though. I love it!
The older kids, even Maddy is really enjoying my pregnancy and are all anxious right along with us.

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote