Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

VBA2C/HBA2C might be an option!

After another MW turned me down and my doc discontinued attending VBACS, I was pretty discouraged. I heard from another MW today (one whom the other MW recommended), and she is open to attending a homebirth. Hubby is willing to consider it, as well. We shall see how this pans out :-)

Any moms with a HBA2C, I would LOVE to hear about it. :-)

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBA2C/HBA2C might be an option!

I didn't have a home birth but just Had a great vba2c!! #'s2 & 5 were sections. I feel great and my recovery is amazing!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato4kids View Post
I didn't have a home birth but just Had a great vba2c!! #'s2 & 5 were sections. I feel great and my recovery is amazing!
That's awesome and OP, I'm glad that you have options! Hopefully you will feel great about whatever option you choose. I loved my homebirth.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I loved the MW we met with. She seems conservative in her care, which I like. She has had ten VBACs (two VBAMC) since she has been on her own. Only one was unsuccessful, but not an emergency transfer.

Hubby is still freaked out about the idea. He is fearful about any birth option, but finds a little comfort in the familiarity of our doc. He asked me to give him time...we shall see.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
kelchristina
Registered Users
seller

SO happy to hear this! I was just coming on here to ask about a VBA2C. I'm not pregnant, but want to have at least one more baby. I've had 2 c-sections and after my second last year (DD turned 1 July 1) I had a bad hernia and had hernia surgery in Feb. DR said it would be risky to have another c section, but could do it with him present. Planning to meet with my OB in a few months to discuss the option of a VBA2C, becasue that's the only way I want to have another. Don't want to go through the risks of c-section again!

Would love hearing more experiences... are DRs more open to it, or will it be a hard fight?
kelchristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchristina
SO happy to hear this! I was just coming on here to ask about a VBA2C. I'm not pregnant, but want to have at least one more baby. I've had 2 c-sections and after my second last year (DD turned 1 July 1) I had a bad hernia and had hernia surgery in Feb. DR said it would be risky to have another c section, but could do it with him present. Planning to meet with my OB in a few months to discuss the option of a VBA2C, becasue that's the only way I want to have another. Don't want to go through the risks of c-section again!

Would love hearing more experiences... are DRs more open to it, or will it be a hard fight?
I think it depends in where you are. Things seem to be going backwards here, so now we are down to one doc in our city that does VBAC. He was the only one to do VBAMC before, but now he is the only one to do them at all. I wish my doc still did them because he is wonderful.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
kfair23
Registered Users
seller

Im wanting to do a VBA2C but I know the only OB in my town will not do it. So some midwives will? Do you have to do home births if you use a midwife?
kfair23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfair23
Im wanting to do a VBA2C but I know the only OB in my town will not do it. So some midwives will? Do you have to do home births if you use a midwife?
I think that depends on the hospital/birthing centers, and maybe state law??? Here, midwives can deliver in some hospitals, but I don't think they deliver the VBAMCs. There is a midwife that just opened a birthing center that does VBAC, but didn't accept me as a VBA2C. (That was my best chance of getting hubby on board since she was a an older CNM with decades of experience and a birthing center). Otherwise, it is home birth here.

Eta: to update, it is looking like I'll have a "natural" RCS. Hubby is having a hard time getting over his anxiety, and he was uncomfortable with how young the MW was.

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 11-06-2012 at 09:14 PM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had. Hba2c in June. My midwife is also a naturopathic Dr so I wasn't worried at all about anything going wrong. Have you contacted ican for more midwifes or ob?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
I had. Hba2c in June. My midwife is also a naturopathic Dr so I wasn't worried at all about anything going wrong. Have you contacted ican for more midwifes or ob?
I have online. Haven't been to the meetings yet. They have a running list of providers and recommendations on an online group. Rumor is my doc and a few others will offer them again if the hospital ban is lifted. A local university offers them on a case by case basis at different hospital, but I think it is luck of the draw on who you get. There are a few more avenues we can pursue if hubby can get used to the idea of trying again.

I really liked the CPM. I was not worried about anything going wrong with her, but hubby was another story. I think where I am now, is I either want someone who will completely let things play out naturally (not push induction by a certain date/interventions). Or just stick with my current doc. I just don't have any faith that another medicalized TOL is going to get me any further.