Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Soy Iso anyone?

Anyone here use Soy Iso as a natural clomid? What was your experience? I'm on my 2nd cycle TTC officially but been charting since June. I've only had 4 cycle since June and 2 of those were annovulatory. I took vitex this last cycle and it was annovulatory so I'm thinking it messed me up big time. Wondering how Soy works. I really would like to try it but am afraid it will mess me up more.

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Soy Iso anyone?

If you want to give vitex a fair shake, you need to take it for at least 3 cycles before you can tell whether or not it's working. It's a fairly slow-acting herb (it doesn't actually change anything directly, but nourishes your body so that you start producing the right hormones in the right amount on your own), so you might not see a difference right away, especially if your cycles were pretty whacked before. It can take a bit for things to settle back into normal. Vitex has worked really well for me twice, but both times it took 3 months before I saw a significant difference.

As for soy, I haven't used it but I know a few ladies on here have so hopefully they will chime in. I think there is lots of info if you google it on when/how to take it. I think you take it in a fairly similar regimen to clomid..like days 5-9 or something like that.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know that but this cycle was annovulatory and I rarely have an annovulatory cycle. The only thing I did different was vitex.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

I have heard that if you don't normally have messed up cycles that vitex can mess them up, so that could be it. When it's been successful for me it's been when I was having lots of anovulatory cycles or ovulating really late. So if you were ovulating on your own before and not super late, then it could very well have been the vitex.

I'd give the soy a try! I'm surprised no one here has chimed in yet. Try the TWW thread - I think I remember homebirthmom talking about soy a while back, she might respond since I think she's checking in there