Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I had an u/s at 4w to rule out ectopic pregnancy and all they saw was a sack. Maybe you are just a bit early?

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: US saw only a sac?!

not a bad thing, could be that you just caught this pregnancy VERY early on! Do they have you coming back for another u/s soon? At my first appointment all we saw was a sac also.

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2
not a bad thing, could be that you just caught this pregnancy VERY early on! Do they have you coming back for another u/s soon? At my first appointment all we saw was a sac also.
I am scheduled for another US in 4 weeks
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys View Post
At the most I would think about 6 weeks. That's just my guess. My last cycle was 5/31, but I don't think I'm that far along at all. She said she couldn't get any measurements it was too small. IDK if I go back or not I wonder if I should call my PCP and ask for an order for BW
My last cycle started 5/31 as well. I'll be 10w tomorrow. I guess it just all depends on when you O'd and when you implanted. If all you saw was a sac, I'd guess you aren't as far along as a "normal" (as in normal cd14 O) pregnancy. I would have thought they'd have you back for a follow-up u/s or at least more BW.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are nursing and your cycles have been unpredictable, I really don't think I would worry too much yet... if you are saying the most you think you could be is 6 weeks along then there's a very good chance that IS all they'd see at this early of an ultrasound... I would wait at least a week or two and get another scan.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naynaygoesrawr
I'm praying for you I had this happen to me and it ended up being a blighted ovum. This is where it is just an empty pregnancy sac. My body would not miscarry on its own and I had tons of blood work where my levels were rising but not doubling. I also had multiple internal ultrasounds and there was nothing. It was absolutely heartbreaking and I pray yours ends up just being late ovulation. My heart is still breaking for my pregnancy and the pain I went through. If you need to talk feel free to message me.
This was exactly what I experienced. I would ask for another u/s next week because the unknown is very taxing mentally--I could not do it for 4 weeks. I had to have a d and c because my body would not miscarry, and I only had to wait two days, but it was an awful two days.

On the other hand, I had an u/s with my ydd at about 4.5-5 weeks, and there wasn't a heartbeat yet. One week later, there it was flickering away!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For peace of mind, I would ask to come in for a follow-up u/s in a week or two. I agree that 6ish weeks can often just show a sac so not to worry But 4 weeks seems like a long time to wait for me! Granted, I have a history of losses so my RE was watching me closely, but they had me coming in every 5-7 days so they could closely measure the growth. I'm hoping for a healthy, sticky bean for you!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76
For peace of mind, I would ask to come in for a follow-up u/s in a week or two. I agree that 6ish weeks can often just show a sac so not to worry But 4 weeks seems like a long time to wait for me! Granted, I have a history of losses so my RE was watching me closely, but they had me coming in every 5-7 days so they could closely measure the growth. I'm hoping for a healthy, sticky bean for you!
Yes 4 weeks seems like an eternity! Its not going to be a nice wait that's for sure I am not sure why they are waiting so long.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

((hugs)) 4 weeks is a long time. I had a U/S at 6 weeks since I was having horrible pain, like can't walk-sit- ect pain, so they had me come in and check for eptopic. Sac/baby was where it was suppose to be and there was just barely anything to see. So if you aren't even 6 weeks yet I could easily see how the dr. wouldn't see anything. Try not to worry yet.