Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Headaches?

I know that 12 weeks is typically when headaches start but this is ridiculous. I have had a headache that was a migraine on Thurs that was down sized to a headache.

Does anyone else have headaches too? Any remedies that work for you?

I have been taking Tylenol (can't take Motrin), massage, hot relaxing baths. For my Migraine I took Benadryl & Phenerghen (it actually works!). I even did Chiro yesterday.

My life went from bad MS keeping me inside to this horrific headache (7/10). HELP!!!

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Headaches?

For the last 6 weeks....just waxes and wanes. I am not a good pregnant lady! I have take pain meds daily. I have Lyme though, so i'm assuming it is that.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes! I had a light headache as I was putting the kids to bed last night, so after they went to bed I took 1 tylenol and an hour long bath. I felt fine when I went to bed a few hours later. Then I woke up this morning with numbness in my fingers and mouth (this only ever happens once during each of my pregnancies when I have this bad headache), a killer headache, and the small threat of nausea. DH is out of town until after the kids are in bed tonight, so I somehow managed to get us some breakfast. I was so dead I put on a movie for the kids (my kids usually watch 1 every month or two so this is rare for them) and took more tylenol, a bath, and then climbed back in bed. I woke up with the headache lingering but very bearable. Then I took another nap when my 2 littlest were napping and not I feel about 95% better. I hope that it goes away now!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup, had this with DS, too. So far I've had 2 migraines lasting a total of 6 days plus many regular headaches.

I don't take anything while pregnant and/or breastfeeding. Well, I took 1 Tylenol and 1 Gravol when I was already in labour last time, ha! I started my prenatal chiro 3 weeks ago and I use homemade "magic bags" (pillows of lentils and lavender) which I keep in the freezer.

The good news is my migraines stopped with DS by the third trimester and I only had 2 in the 15 months between that pregnancy and this one, versus monthly before!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

I've had an almost constant dull-ish but not fun at all headache for the past 4 weeks. I'm almost 11 now. Ugh...I've found drinking enough water and getting enough rest helps downgrade it enough.

My midwife said it's related to dehydration she thinks. But I'm not sure I think it's mainly hormones. Drinking enough is good though and helps some.
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

last couple days i have had them....thinking could be tension, but i do remember last pregancy taking magnesium and something else that helped. if they keep on i'm going to call midwife and see what it was...
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been getting them. I don't know if they are migraines, but they are behind my right eye and they make me feel sick and usually I just try to go to bed. I can barely walk with them. I usually will take a Tylenol, but it just kind of takes the edge off.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And it's back. Can't I get reprieve?
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote