Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

LPD & progesterone

So I had a luteal phase defect when we were trying for DD. I thought it was due to still nursing DS. After about 4 or 5 months I went to my OB, showed her my chart and she immediately prescribed me progesterone gel to start at 3DPO. We were pg 2 cycles later.

I've been off BC 4 months now. Just officially trying since last cycle but my LP has only been 10-11 days since I got off BC. My periods are also short and light. I don't know if it's because I stopped nursing just a couple of months ago or just what my body is doing now as I'm getting older (DS was a first try baby) but I definitely think I still have LPD. I think I need progesterone.

I just called my MW's office and the first appt they could give me is 1/23. So IF they agree to give me progesterone (which I really hope they will) I 'll probably be 5DPO then. That seems late to start progesterone to me, if I need it to support implantation. Should I call the office back and try to talk to the nurse and explain I just need the script? Or should I hope 5DPO wouldn't be too late to make this cycle a wash? WWYD? I'm sure they're going to think I'm nuts at the office regardless but I know my body and my cycles and I think I know what will help and I don't want to be wasting more cycles, yk?

Advertisement

& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: LPD & progesterone

I would try to get in earlier, explaining to them why it is time sensitive. Believe the nurses at my dr.'s office think I am nuts since I just had what they told me was a - 2 days ago and yet I am going back today b/c I KNOW it is +. I know my body better than they do.
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks, Angel. That does make me feel better. I tried to tell the scheduling lady that I really needed to get in next week but she said they couldn't do it. But maybe if I ask the nurse she will be able to help.
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you cant get in i would not be too worried as even 5dpo is a good start. some dr's wont give it till a confirm pregnancy which we know can be devestating for those w low prog.
if your lp is 10-11 days you probably drop about 8dpo so just make sure you get it in before then.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

You will be fine at 5 DPO. There are many doctors who make you wait till a BFP to give it, not that I agree with it. I do think with a 10-11 day LP you are boarderline LDP so day 5 will not be an issue. If you were like 7-8 DPO or so I would say get in earlier.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote