Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dr. Bronners-please help my ignorance

I bought some lavender dr.bronners, and I'm afraid to use it. Do I clean with it? Wash my body? Help!

Advertisement

MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Dr. Bronners-please help my ignorance

LOL it's fine! You can do both I don't use it during pregnancy b/c of the recommendations against essential oils when pregnant/nursing (although I know some people do it and are fine, just my comfort level!) but I have a bottle that I was using before we conceived.

I like it for washing hair and body, diluting with a little water for hand soap and I will occasionally use it to wash the boys if they need a bit of settling down before bed Although, if you use it on LOs, make sure to keep it well away from eyes, that stuff has some serious sting to it!

And you can always clean with it too, even use it in laundry, but I'm not sure how it would work with diapers. The bottle is super hard to read, but it does have cleaning suggestions on there somewhere! Also, I'm pretty sure the website has cleaning tips listed.

It does have a strong scent, so if that bothers you, you might want to dilute it more. I actually prefer their unscented but wanted to try the lavender Give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Very interesting! Thank you for your response
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ditto. I don't like it on my hair, but it's a good body wash. I have used it in laundry before, I wouldn't use it every time but in a pinch I even used it to wash diapers. Lots of people use it in foaming hand soap pumps. I've cleaned with it before. I use it mainly as diaper wipe solution though, I take an empty wipe container, put a squirt of Dr B in, then fill with about an inch of water. Then I take a stak of dry wipes and stick them in the soapy solution, they soak up the liquid, and I have moist wipes in a wipe container. Super easy.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

You can clean any and everything with it! I do! Lavender is a natural disinfectant so it's wonderful for any and all household cleaning.

We also use it for shampoo, face wash, and body wash. One bottle of that does it all!
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Sleepbabysleep
Registered Users

I love Dr. B's!! I have even read that other mamas mixed the peppermint soap with some baking soda and used it to brush their teeth!
Sleepbabysleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

I love mine diluted in a foaming bottle for hand soap. And it's great for cleaning. I've washed dishes with it before and didn't like it at all.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use it for everything except my hair (it was too drying and made my hair feel like straw).

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use it on my son's super sensitive skin. It keeps his skin very soft! But like pp mentioned...it's too drying for scalp and hair here too.

I've recently started using it in my homemade cleaning products...

I'm not a huge fan of all the writing on the bottle...once I use all of the bottle I have I will probably switch to an aloe castille soap instead.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It`s really a wonderful body-wash. And I also use it diluted in water as insecticidal soap in my garden to keep the bugs off of my peppers :-)
babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote