Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Did Morning Sickness Ruin For You?

Fireworks. The sulfer smell made me sick.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cereal with real milk. I developed some sort of lactose intolerance during my first pregnancy that never went away, even 4 years later.

TLC baby shows. I watched them religiously during both of my pregnancies, especially "A Baby Story". But then I had my babies, and it made me want to punch that unreal mom who was all put-together and wearing a mini dress while out socializing with her perfectly content newborn. Because that was not MY reality, at all....
Old 08-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh man this is so funny. I thought I was the only one that got aversions to places and shows becasue of my nausea. I was fine pretty much my 1st pregnancy.

2nd though ruined my love of thrifting. I could not even bear the thought of walking into a thrift store without feeling ill. The stale smell just killed me. I have not really ever been able to get back to it.

This pregnancy has been wool. The smell of it, texture, everything just made me sick. I cannot even bring myself to knit all the stuff I had planned. I asked DH to sell all my wool but he refused. I also don't think I'll ever eat a grape again. I ate a whole bowl of them in the 1st trimester and they were so good going down but awful coming back up.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

1st pregnancy: bananas. When I had to do the long test for gestational diabetes I had to eat stuff from a list for 7 days in advance. I only ate bananas from the whole list. After 9 years I could eat them again, but I still feel like gagging sometimes.

2nd pregnancy: mushrooms, especially cream of mushroom soup. I still have a hard time with cooking with the soup, but I'm getting better at tolerating mushrooms.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
Toothpaste is the worst thing. I puked every morning when I brushed my teeth, I still gag when I brush now. Doesn't matter what kind I use. Also, I still can't use any of the soaps/shampoos/conditioners I used while I was pregnant, the scents make me nauseated because of the morning sickness connection.
I still can't use a mint toothpaste.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon scent. I can't smell it without gagging now.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm getting nauseated reading this and my morning sickness hasn't even kicked in yet.

I had an aversion to chicken with my last pregnancy. Some chicken I still can't eat, but most I can.

I can't think of anything really though. Hmmm...

All food tastes different. Like restaurant food started to be subpar even when I used to like it. I've had to do more cooking since my pregnancy because of it. So I guess pregnancy killed restaurants for me. Most of the time anyways.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

1rst pregnancy - craved chocolate milk. The smell of ovaltine makes me feel green now, and the innocent joy that comes with learning you are pregnant. I lost this baby in my 14th week and I was never the same person after that.

2and pregnancy - those dang Worcestershire sauce commercials where they say "try it on a burger!" and then they pour it over a cheeseburger. Even now I can't watch them and I hate the smell of it. I will leave the room if DH puts it on his steak.

3rd pregnancy- I craved yogurt BAD and I puked it up often. It took until pregnancy #4 before I could eat it again, and that was four years later! Oh and during my whole pregnancy I craved chinese food and during especially strong cravings when I was at work I'd eat those freeze dried chow mein boxed noodles. The sight of them grosses me out now.

4th pregnancy, Love spell fragrance. I was infatuated with it. Wore it, used it in my wool wash and BAM.. pregnancy and I had to sell it all because even the faint smell seeping from the containers makes me want to puke and my baby is two now. LOL Oh and "baby's first day" or whatever it was, the tv show. I was unexpectedly pregnant and petrified of going through that all over again. Watching that show made me a hot mess. Watching it now brings back all that anxiety I felt.

ETA: WINTER. (don't read this if you're pregnant)

I used to love fall and winter. When I got pregnant with ds4, it was a really bad time to be pregnant. My dh and I had some distance between us. I would dream out of sadness every night that I was with my family at my parent's house and it begins to snow heavily and we leave and begin trudging up into the mountains in nothing but street clothes and pretty soon I can't see dh or the kids.. or anything and that's how it always ended. I had "lost" them in a blizzard halfway up the biggest mountain I have ever seen and I'm so cold and empty. Even now, and especially now I suppose the thought of winter, snow, makes my heart race and makes me feel so empty and sad. I was depressed during my pregnancy and for a long time after. I hope this year we can make some positive memories to erase that for me since it was always one of my most favorite times. I used to wait for the snow with as much excitement as the kids.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 08-09-2012 at 02:52 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
Skatha89
Registered Users

Alfredo. Can't touch it or smell it.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #20
drewswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

First pregnancy- Chicken off of the bone. I can eat boneless chicken breasts and stuff made from that but wings, drumsticks etc. GAG

Second time- many restaraunts. I got sick from so many places and can't bring myself to go back. Luckily a few are not great places to eat anyway.

This time- queso dip
Annalyn Taylor 2.9.08, Emery Jane 1.12.10 and Samuel Ryan 10.8.12 Baby Bean #4 Due May 2014
drewswife is offline   Reply With Quote