Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
mdtyler
Registered Users
seller

Re: First grovia and I am in love. Will these feelings continue?

We've used them and like them very well. I love how super soft the soakers are. We have a whole stash of them, but lately I find myself reaching for the diapers I've made myself at nap times. The GroVia hybrids never worked for us as night or naps. My son, also a tummy sleeper, just needs for absorbency up front. The mesh would always get wet. My son is now 14 months. We used them when he was just a month old too. I couldn't put him in them at night with nursing, because he somehow managed to pee out the sides or waist without getting the insert wet. And this was with the rise snapped all the way down and pointing his firehose down.... But they are great for awake times.

Advertisement

mdtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #32
mdtyler
Registered Users
seller

I would agree that the GroVia shells are MUCH higher quality than Flips. You can also trifold a prefold in the GroVia shells. We were able to use them at nap time that way. Of course then, the mesh gets wet.
mdtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I were a fiscally responsible cloth diaper user, we would use AI2's and Grovia probably would be my top choice!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #34
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24
If I were a fiscally responsible cloth diaper user, we would use AI2's and Grovia probably would be my top choice!
I love the way you worded that.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #35
jesslfar
Registered Users
seller

I do like them, but they need more prints and colors (I own all of them including the ones they discontinued last year) your love will probably end as mine has with every type of diaper I've owed has at some point, mostly with a much older kid who I would probably hate doing anything but sposie, but they are a great diaper. I put one on my 4 year old an it fits just fine without a booster and she is 38lbs and not the greatest sport about trying stuff on for me but it was not too tight.
jesslfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

One more question?

The fleece on the stay dry inserts wrinkles a lot. I can't get it no e and smooth. Is the organic cotton better?
Old 08-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #37
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

The tpu backed ones stay flat, the old grobaby ones get all bunchy though.

I loved these diapers for a while and started converting my stash to them but actually destashed most shortly after for a fee reasons:
-the elastic is tight and would leave crazy marks and even welts on my dd bc she's got chubby thighs. I had to do them tight to keep the 3x/day ebf poop in, plus she wasn't mobile yet so always sitting or being held and the elastic just bothered her. Also bc of this the rise snaps would dig into her thighs and leave imprints and looked uncomfortable
-I don't like os things bc of the rise snaps leaving marks on big thighs (see above)
-if you use anything but tpu backed soakers the mesh gets wet and stinks=can't reuse the shell
-they are "trim" and narrow thru the crotch, but actually give a bubble but bc the diaper is concentrated in the thin center part of the butt. A pinned flat under a cover is much more trim and comfy

That said I kept 3 sets of the shell/soaker and still occasionally use them as aio.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Tried posting comparison pics but not working :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #39
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. I was wondering about the rise snaps. He is still in the smallest setting. The elastic seems really gentle on him. I did use it with prefolds the others day rotating with another cover so it could dry. It made it through 3 changes before it started to stink. Any other opinions of the organic soaker or rise snaps? I am about to buy more and don't want to regret it. They are expensive.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

my kids are thin, we have never had issues with either the elastic or the rise snaps. I didn't love the back elastic on GroBaby shells, but the GroVia improved that. I find it hard sometimes when people comment about GroBaby on GroVia threads, yes they are related in a sense but there were soooooo many improvements made when they became GroVia!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote