Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #41
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Also, they're on baby steals and grovia has seconds sales where the shells are like $7 each, so if you want a lot I'd wait for a good deal. That way you can be sure you still like them

Advertisement

Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #42
2boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: First grovia and I am in love. Will these feelings continue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
Yesterday I got a grovia shell with two stay dry soakers. I love love love it.

I love how soft and stretchy and comfy is seems on lo (currently 4 months)

I love how it fits. My poor 3 year old had to try it on and it fit her, so I know size wise it will last.

I love that the shell will last through more changes because of the waterproof back on the soaker.

I even tried it at night. My son slept half the night on his tummy and half on his side and nursed two times and this diapers lasted 11 hours without a booster. Even the mesh inside the shell was dry.

I want to have only this kind of diaper. Does anyone have all grovia hybrids in there stash and still love it?

I'm a little worried that I love the first impression too much and it won't last. Will my thoughts on them change when we start solids?

Does anyone use this shell with a different soaker?

Thank you.
You sound like me a few months ago! I asked the very same questions about these dipes, and yes, I still love them, even more! I actually told my husband how much I love these things today. I have tried a variety of diapers and hands down these are my favs. I love that instead of the plasticy pul material against their skin, you have that soft mesh. Yes, you do have to change the whole set when there's a #2, but the rest of the time, these have worked outstanding. I have two in these diapes, a 2yr old and a 2 mth old. The 2yr old, I use these during the day and use bg's at night. I did find that he leaked with them some at night. My 2 mth old lives in these. I'm getting rid of all else except bg's for night and my grovias for the day and buying more grovias!!
2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #43
eponine203
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our GroVia!!!! I haven't tried the stay dry soakers yet, only the organic cotton, but we love the covers and have had way better luck with the GV soakers than with the Best Bottom inserts we tried in the covers. However, a prefold works just fine (especially at bedtime over a soaker which makes for a hilariously huge tush) in the cover too!
eponine203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #44
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I loved these diapers after I got one and ended up converting the majority of my stash to the shells and stay-dry soakers.
I ended up selling it all after a couple of months because of the elastic leaving marks on my chunky thighed boy, the mesh left a pattern mark on his skin too and it made me think it might not be comfy for him. I also was always worried about messing up the shells since you have to wash on warm. I just want to wash all my diapers together in hot water and be done with it.
In the end, they are a nice diaper just not for us.

Last edited by ServingHim; 10-04-2012 at 04:58 AM.
ServingHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #45
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

The only problem you may have eventually is I've read about the elastic going out on them I had an aio for a month maybe and one of the legs went out. I don't wash hot or use the dryer either that's the only thing stopping me from buying a bunch more but I do love the ones I have. Luckily my mom can replace the elastic so its really no big deal if you can sew
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #46
mommorg
Registered Users

I use Bumgenuis 4.0, but really wanted to try an insert diaper. I chose the Grovia because the insert snapped in. I initially loved it, but about the 3rd use I started to just be like it's okay. It is definitely trim and I like the snap closure. I like the mesh so there is no PUL exposed to baby, but it does make the number of times the shell can be reused way down as pee and poop seem to get on the cover often. I found the stay-dry insert bunched on my daughter in the crouch area and led to pee getting on the mesh almost all the time. It also led to some leaks. I started using prefolds as inserts and it holds her pee much better.

So, overall I would say that I love the cover, but the inserts didn't work for us.
mommorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #47
MTmommyof3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller View Post
The only problem you may have eventually is I've read about the elastic going out on them I had an aio for a month maybe and one of the legs went out. I don't wash hot or use the dryer either that's the only thing stopping me from buying a bunch more but I do love the ones I have. Luckily my mom can replace the elastic so its really no big deal if you can sew
The first production run of AIOs had an elastic tacking issue. It is no longer a problem at all. All elastic is covered for one year from date of purchase as well!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #48
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

That's good to know and I just bought it a month or prob closer to 2 months ago. How do I go about fixing this then?
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #49
MTmommyof3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller View Post
That's good to know and I just bought it a month or prob closer to 2 months ago. How do I go about fixing this then?
If you are within one year please contact customerservice@gro-via.com We'll be happy to help!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #50
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't like them at first, I didn't like trying to fold down the insert for a little baby on the smallest setting. Now that we are on setting 2 I don't fold the insert and love them and want more! I think my LO holds it and goes more at once than some but the SD seems to work fine. Now if I ever get to the stage where he needs a booster, it might loose its apeal again.
qhorses8 is offline   Reply With Quote