Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question for moms with more than 1 natural labor

I had a cs with DS, then an unmedicated vbac with DD. I'm thinking about baby 3, and am processing my vbac and just trying to sort of label or wrap my mind around the things (AKA - pain) I felt during different stages of labor. DD was a very short active labor (3 hours) so it was much more intense than I'd expected, but partly bc in my head I assumed I had several more hours to go!

One thing I'm wondering is, I felt intense pressure on top of the regular contractions that seemed not to let up between contractions, and was relieved during pushing. I'm assuming this was the pressure of baby moving through the pelvis?

For those who may resonate with what I'm describing, did you feel the same pressure again with subsequent natural deliveries? Part of me is hoping DD spread my pelvis apart enough that future deliveries will be the same speed and not as much pressure. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Sounds like the urge to push to me mama. That doesn't go away until the kiddo is out unfortunately.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

It wasn't pressure on my pelvic floor, it was more generalized to all over. Would that still be the urge to push? I guess that makes sense though, in retrospect. I was starting to get pushy but was holding off to let baby "labor down." I actually held off until my body started pushing on it's own.

Hmm... I guess the only way to know for sure is to actually go through labor again and compare notes. ;-)
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's hard to say. My shortest by far was my second labor. 1 hr 45 minutes... And he was my smallest baby at 8#8oz. My 3rd was 5 hours and my 4th was more like 7 hours, I think. I'd have to check my thread in my siggy/ddc.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae
It's hard to say. My shortest by far was my second labor. 1 hr 45 minutes... And he was my smallest baby at 8#8oz. My 3rd was 5 hours and my 4th was more like 7 hours, I think. I'd have to check my thread in my siggy/ddc.

I'm trying to remember but I think my third was pushy. Like I felt so much pressure I couldn't get ahead of the contraction. What I mean is that I didn't have time to recoup between contractions. I didn't feel that way with 3rd or 4th until they were on their way out.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.

Last edited by Agla; 08-06-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla

I'm trying to remember but I think my third was pushy. Like I felt so much pressure I couldn't get ahead of the contraction. What I mean is that I didn't have time to recoup between contractions. I didn't feel that way with 3rd or 4th until they were on their way out.
By the time I feel pushy, it's a matter of minutes before baby is out. I usually do 2-3 pushes and I'm done.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for moms with more than 1 natural labor

My second labor was harder than my first, although shorter. I don't think that I felt what you're describing until pushing, though, and that part goes fast for me. It might very well have been baby moving through the pelvis, but there's no way of telling whether you'll have the same feeling again! Not too reassuring, I know
Old 08-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know exactly what you mean mama.
My first labor was about 10 hours. I had back labor (posterior babe) and was getting NO break in between. The pressure was crazy. I felt like I had to poop the entire time. I was feeling pushy the entire time. Once I went to push, I felt great. Awesome resting phase and pushed him out, no problem. Not too short, not too fast. Once I started pushing it went swimmingly.
My second it was about 4 hours. I got a good break in between contractions by OH MY the contractions were intense. Dare I say it was worse than my back labor?! I don't think I could have gone on like that if I DIDN'T have a substantial break in between. I didn't feel a ton of pressure and did not feel pushy at all. She broke my water and he came out in under a minute. It was the most intense, painful experience of my life. SO much different than pushing with DS1.

I really think my second labor was more intense because it was shorter.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
By the time I feel pushy, it's a matter of minutes before baby is out. I usually do 2-3 pushes and I'm done.

Yup, people don't believe me at when I say that. This time I had my birth at the same hospital with the same nurse and she was telling everyone to get the tub ready ASAP because I was going to be done in a few.

Thinking back I'm wondering if I felt the pressure more with my third because it was at home and I was out of the tub for transition. idk? I wish I was better at keeping track.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

I have only had one birth, but that pressure feeling for me was constant until my water broke at 10cm. I actually said "oh thank God!" instantly after my water was broken because it was such a relief. Did you feel the pressure after your water broke?