Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #31
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pumps covered under Obamacare

We have Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield and I just called and was informed that we can received a free breastpump under our benefits via Obamacare. Starting January 1, 2013 you can walk into any of our pharmacies (e.g. Target) and request a breastpump with your insurance card. Brands that are included are: Medela, Evenflo, Avent, Lansinoh and Playtex. The limit is one electric breast pump per pregnancy/year.

I'm pretty stoked...guess where I'll be celebrating the new year, lol.

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2
We have Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield and I just called and was informed that we can received a free breastpump under our benefits via Obamacare. Starting January 1, 2013 you can walk into any of our pharmacies (e.g. Target) and request a breastpump with your insurance card. Brands that are included are: Medela, Evenflo, Avent, Lansinoh and Playtex. The limit is one electric breast pump per pregnancy/year.

I'm pretty stoked...guess where I'll be celebrating the new year, lol.
Is federal bc/bs Medicaid? Where can I read about this? I'm currently using a rental pump covered by Medicaid but they are giving me a hard time about refilling the script. It would be awesome to have my own pump.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #33
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2

Is federal bc/bs Medicaid? Where can I read about this? I'm currently using a rental pump covered by Medicaid but they are giving me a hard time about refilling the script. It would be awesome to have my own pump.
No, My husband is a civilian employed by the military. We have Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

I woukd call you insurance and ask
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2

No, My husband is a civilian employed by the military. We have Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

I woukd call you insurance and ask
Oh okay thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #35
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Oh okay thanks.
Medicaid will pay for one. Thats how I got mine. I just called my Insurance and they told me where to call. Im in PA so I have Gateway and they use a place called EDGEPARK. It was completely covered.

Join Me on Swagbucks its how I have made $1,148 and rising for My family.
MrzP427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #36
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrzP427

Medicaid will pay for one. Thats how I got mine. I just called my Insurance and they told me where to call. Im in PA so I have Gateway and they use a place called EDGEPARK. It was completely covered.
I'll have to try again. Originally they told me no. Then when I asked them to double check they came back and said they were covered and gave me a list of places to call. After I called around only one place did pumps but I was told my insurance would only pay for a rental. So right now I have a Medela symphony but the script runs out Monday and it has to go back. I'm going to have to call Monday and try and get this straightened out. I'm in western ny. I wonder if edgepark would ship me a pump if I can get the insurance to pay for it. Do uou need in prescription? If the law went through I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Our insurance just renewed too so that shouldn't be the issue. Thanks for your help. I'm going to keep trying.

Last edited by MandaMommy2; 12-01-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I'll have to try again. Originally they told me no. Then when I asked them to double check they came back and said they were covered and gave me a list of places to call. After I called around only one place did pumps but I was told my insurance would only pay for a rental. So right now I have a Medela symphony but the script runs out Monday and it has to go back. I'm going to have to call Monday and try and get this straightened out. I'm in western ny. I wonder if edgepark would ship me a pump if I can get the insurance to pay for it. Do uou need in prescription? If the law went through I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Our insurance just renewed too so that shouldn't be the issue. Thanks for your help. I'm going to keep trying.
You can call and find out. I didnt need a script. I just called gave them my insurance card # and the Drs Phone number. They called, verified i was covered and now its on its way.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #38
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrzP427

You can call and find out. I didnt need a script. I just called gave them my insurance card # and the Drs Phone number. They called, verified i was covered and now its on its way.
That sounds easy enough. Did you give them your peds phone number? That's who prescribed the pump bc my daughter lost so much weight conning home from the hospital bc my milk took so long to come in. Thanks
Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Do you know if you have to wait until after the baby is born? I would rather have mine here waiting, so that I can pump right a way. I ALWAYS have an over abundance of milk in the beginning and have to pump to empty myself each evening until my body regulates itself after a couple of months.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #40
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
That sounds easy enough. Did you give them your peds phone number? That's who prescribed the pump bc my daughter lost so much weight conning home from the hospital bc my milk took so long to come in. Thanks
I gave them my OB's Dr and it was good enough for them. Im sure that if the Ped is the one who prescribed it than they can call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller View Post
Do you know if you have to wait until after the baby is born? I would rather have mine here waiting, so that I can pump right a way. I ALWAYS have an over abundance of milk in the beginning and have to pump to empty myself each evening until my body regulates itself after a couple of months.
I am not sure but it wont hurt to call and ask.