Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He peed at 6 days old and didn't look back!

I ec'd my second. The first time I cued her she was 2.5 weeks old and been making the pssss sound holding a prefold under her when she peed. This time I had never even made the sound. Just took the dipe off, held him over the bucket, and said pss. Off he went. Now he's really irate when I miss It's a two edged sword though. While I love doing this for him and knowing down the road potty independence will be an easy natural progression, it's frustrating when I have my hands in raw chicken and he's hysterical because he had to go in his dipe

He's 5 weeks old today

Advertisement

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: He peed at 6 days old and didn't look back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remrath View Post
While I love doing this for him and knowing down the road potty independence will be an easy natural progression, it's frustrating when I have my hands in raw chicken and he's hysterical because he had to go in his dipe

He's 5 weeks old today
Aww, poor baby!
I guess this is partly why I never tried to do EC with my kids
I have SO much going on in my brain and around me at all times, I think I'd just be letting my babies down a lot!
On another note, my almost 10 month old has discovered NAKED. I'm betting I should take advantage of that and give EC a try.
(This Momma just isn't ready to sell her diapers.)
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I know what you mean about them getting irritable if you don't take them to the potty!

The upside is laundry! My son is 4.5 months old and pretty much never poops in his diaper. Sometimes we have pee misses, but he always holds the poop. I guess he really doesn't like to go in his diaper!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It definitely saved us with DD2. Knowing how stubborn and independent she is, if we haven't EC'd I'm fairly certain we would have had a knock down drag out fight to potty. As it was, she was in panties full time during the day at 20 mo. I waited a year for nighttime b/c I was lazy Should have done it earlier since the stubbornness definitely came out there and even though we went panties overnight in January she still hassles us a lot about it now 8 months later.

He has acid reflux too though so potty usually comes with a bunch of uncomfortable gas from all the swallowing he does.
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
redheadinlove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this feeling! My daughter spends SO much time naked on top of a prefold that sitting in a wet diaper just makes her mad. I've only caught one pee (TODAY WOOHOO), but she's even starting to get mad just from laying naked on top of a wet prefold.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
melvy83
Registered Users

Why wet prefold, I hold my DD over a pot, spread her legs, and she goes easily.. LOL.
melvy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
Sleepbabysleep
Registered Users

That's great! We didn't start until 18 months when my son started ripping his diaper off haha. We will definitely start right away with our next baby
Sleepbabysleep is offline   Reply With Quote