Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She cant poop!!

This is the worst case of constipation i have dealt with. My dd who is 2 1/2 cannot poop. She screams and screams and then NOTHING is in her diaper. I have given her a glycerine suppository, and prune juice, warm bath. i push her legs up when she is trying.
can anyone help me with other ideas, she is going to a baby sitter today for a short while, and i relly want her to poop before that..

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: She cant poop!!

Have you tried any kind of oil orally? It's SUPER gross, and I wouldn't wish it on any kid - but my doc MADE me use it when I first got my rectal fissures and it really makes you poop! Didn't help my fissures any, but I pooped a lot and it was pretty soft (since that can be an issue if she's THAT constipated).
I don't know if you really want to try it, but you can! It works - it's just not fun!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

What about a little flaxseed?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Oh & I know this sound nuts but when DS got really constipated I would take his temp rectally & a lot of times that would help things along.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
KV Boo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter had the same thing at 2yrs old.I took her to her pediatrican and he said to try lactose free milk.It worked for her.
KV Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV Boo
My daughter had the same thing at 2yrs old.I took her to her pediatrican and he said to try lactose free milk.It worked for her.

We dont use any cows milk or dairy at all here. We are rice milk drinnkers, sincemy older dd whois 4 has the same issues, and has since birth. I am wonderingif rice milk could casue this...
Old 06-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
Have you tried any kind of oil orally? It's SUPER gross, and I wouldn't wish it on any kid - but my doc MADE me use it when I first got my rectal fissures and it really makes you poop! Didn't help my fissures any, but I pooped a lot and it was pretty soft (since that can be an issue if she's THAT constipated).
I don't know if you really want to try it, but you can! It works - it's just not fun!

I have some mineral oil, maybei can put some in OJ for her
thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Good luck!! She'll make the nastiest face ever! I feel sorry for her - but I think in the end getting the poop out is probably worth it!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
ahisma
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD went through this at about the same age (and then off and on for years)

I don't remember the brand, but I wound up having to use a laxative from the health food store. I did, unfortunately, believe the label which said that it worked overnight, so I gave it to her just before she went to bed (I'd never used a laxative myself) Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night to her screaming "Oh no, what a mess". She was right, LOL...

We were able to keep things pretty much under control by giving her some all-bran every day (in her oatmeal, in applesauce, in yogurt, etc.)

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this...I know it can be miserable for her
ahisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

My 14 month is the same way right now its also part of the cerebral palsy. She also has fissures that never go away the doc is aware of this, she gets bloody stools nothing helps and it sucks seeing her in pain thankfully we do have good days. When she gets blocked up we have had to push lightly on her bumm near her rectum. She is lactose intolerant
Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote