Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite carrier?

My hands down favorite is the Ergo (although I never tried anything similar, like a Beco Butterfly or anything like that, so I can't compare). This was a lifesaver with my son, from 4 or 5 months on that is what I used for him and it was awesome. We've used it for everything... shopping trips, walks, hiking, errands, trips to the farmer's market, housework, and just hanging out. My son loved it, and I used it with him up until just a few months ago. He's 2 years old now, and we'd still use it in certain circumstances (he's an active kid and prefers to do things himself, but if I needed him contained and content then that's where I'd put him).

I have a newborn now, and I have being using a ring sling. I love how quick and easy it is to use and adjust. But I doubt I will use it much once she gets a bit bigger.

I also have the Moby, which I used with my son for the first few months. I love it for newborns, but once they get a bit bigger it stretched out way too easily and was hot and just not very comfortable. Right now I use it with the newborn if I need a bit more support than the ring sling (like when I went for a walk yesterday and had my toddler in the stroller).

I had a mei tai with my son, which he really liked, but it was a cheapie one and not super comfortable. I really liked it and wish I had gotten one with more comfortable straps... I won't use it this time around since I'll just go right to the Ergo (I used it with my son in between the Moby and getting the Ergo).

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
alijonesy
Registered Users
seller

I liked the Moby and then the Ergo! I'm trying the Maya Wrap for #2!
alijonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I Love my ergo! I can't believe i waited til my 3rd kiddo to get one. I can carry my chunky 10 month old and not get tired/ sore. He loves it too. I was a little hesitant about the forward facing position, but he really likes it. he can see whats going on.
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Right now my ergo is my favorite carrier. It can accommodate any of my 3 children. I want a nice woven wrap though as I love wrapping but we have outgrown the moby for weight/comfort.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Woven wraps are the bomb! I have Girasol, Didymos, Natibaby, Ellevill, Oscha, and Vatanai, and love them all!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
NaturallyThriftyMom
Registered Users

I love our Boba carrier. The Ergo is comparable but I love the Boba because you can just snap it around your waist, grab baby, and snap at the top. They are pricey but they are very comfortable, come in lots of cute colors/ prints, and are super easy to use for mom or dad. Or both!

I did a review on ours: (Search YouTube for 'Boba Baby Carrier Review & Giveaway' by NaturallyThriftyMom)

HTH!
-Brittany
NaturallyThriftyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
kelchristina
Registered Users
seller

I cannot say enough good things about Baby K'Tan!!!! It was my FAVORITE carrier when DD was first born. She's 1 and I even still use it now, because she loves facing outward. I could rave about it for hours! I even did a video for them showing some different ways to wear your baby in it.
kelchristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
mama2alot
Registered Users

I love my Kozy Carrier! I used with my adopted daughter (4 yrs old at the time) and surprsingly it did not hurt my back at all. Now I am expecting another little one in December and am going to try the Moby Wrap for the newborn stage and then switch to my Kozy Carrier when he is a little older.
mama2alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
Sigkap714
Registered Users
seller

Style wise, my favourite depends on the age. I do love woven wraps for all ages if they'll be up for a while. Newbies I really love stretchies and mei tais. For my 3.5yr old I love half buckles and wovens.

Brand wise my favourites are SBP (ring slings), DIY MTs, Kokadi and Ellevill wraps, Bamberoo HBs, and TMD FBs. I do have at least one of most types and many brands of carriers and have a use for them all, but those are my faves.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
Irongirl83
Registered Users
seller

Nothing beats a good woven wrap once you've learned how to use it (and there is a learning curve). They can be used from birth through childhood and by any sized person. You can do front, back and hip carries, and in so many different configurations to suit your needs. I love wraps!!
Irongirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote