Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2007, 05:21 AM   #11
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MAJOR sleep issues with my 9 month old

I'm sure I will be there in a few months. I don't think my ds ever did that though, he loves his sleep too much, like my hubby. My dd seems more like me, more restless, so I am no help YET. I hope this phase ends for you soon.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #12
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

No advice, just my 8mo DD has been doing the same thing...
Old 05-07-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've had several "spurts" of nighttime problems, and altering the naptime schedule has usually helped. With DD, there is a happy medium, but you have to keep tweaking to find it! Turns out, more naptime actually helped her sleep at night! And a good long bath before bed sometimes helps her go to sleep and stay asleep longer!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:43 AM   #14
redhotmavis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my 9 month dd as well. we co sleep and that is a little better for her, worse for me due to her kicking, flipping around, etc. i assume it won't last long.
loving life with DH Andrew and WAHM to Lily, 8/1/06 www.sparklegarden.etsy.com I make jewelry, organic flaxseed hot/cold pads and eye pillows, organic bath salts and I love to trade. ISO XL or toddler sized Luke's Drawers size 18-24 mos Robeez in any condition.
redhotmavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #15
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Generally at that age if she's moving around more that might be what's doing it. It comes in stages when they sit up or crawl or walk. They're all excited about being able to do something new. My girls seem to not be able to control their ability to roll over and crawl in bed, LOL. It's kind of like a new toy that you can't help playing with, except it's an ability instead. That might not be it at all, but sometimes that's the culprit and it usually goes away with time.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #16
JRo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I actually came looking for answers to part of your problem! My 3mo is SO fidgety when I am trying to calm him for sleep, and yes, we do co-sleep, even though it is driving me crazy. He is not sleeping for long either. (he used to though) I am so tired and I suspect he is too! Hope someone tells you the magic answer. I will be watching!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
Cheaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the same problems lately. DS is almost 9 months old and this week he started acting up at night. We Co-sleep and lately we had to move to another bedroom so DH can get sleep. No idea what to do either.
Cheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #18
mayrain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa-Rachelle View Post
Im pretty sure, yah. She sleeps about 11-12 at night, and then about 2 hours worth of naptime during the day.
sounds like you have been really lucky with a fantastic sleeper....what you dc is doing now sounds pretty normal for the age with growing and new milestones and i am sure it will pass and she'll fall back into her normal routine! it probably just seems pretty extreme cause she has been such a good sleeper up until this point
fwiw, both of my dds have done this and i have always thought that it is pretty normal for them to wake up and babble etc. and then get upset if no one is paying attention to the cool stuff they are doing
Old 05-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #19
katmarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ped. said that sleep problems at about 9 months is one of the most common problems - next to seperation anxiety. I don't have any advice as DS has had bad problems since 3 months and at 10 months is just starting to show improvement. We just deal with it and know that it won't last forever.
katmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #20
rylan'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this happen with my ds. It happened with all developmental milestones, sitting up, crawling and now walking. The sitting up was the worst and lasted for a month. Him waking up every hour or 2 and needing to be rocked back to sleep. CIO didn't really work well for him because a.) I don't really like CIO! b.) he would work himself into a tizzy and wouldn't be able to get to sleep anyways. It did settle down once he really mastered the skill. I just had to be consistent. I wouldn't bring him out of his room because he really wanted to look around the house and such. Just kept my voice low and kept telling him "sleepy time". We just got over the last set of night wakings 1 week ago. Eventually I let him cry for a few minutes, went in consoled him and then left again. I just kept repeating this and he went to sleep after about 15 minutes. After that it stopped and now he sleeps through.
If she is babbling I would just leave her. What works for one babe isn't going to work for another. I wish I could tell you to do something guaranteed to work but I can't. If you think CIO will work for your babe than you could do sort of what I did or stay with her but sit on the floor or something. Maybe one of those crib aquarium things might work. DS loves his. Or one of those things that projects light onto the ceiling that you can turn on from the door? DS always likes the music and lights! Hope you get this figured soon and get some sleep