Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Anyone still keeping the pregnancy a secret?

I'm 12 weeks...

My kids don't know,
My work (boss and coworkers) doesn't know
And a lot of my friends don't know.

It is getting harder and harder to hide. I'm planning on telling my boss next week so I can finally wear mat clothes at Work and feel comfy! Or so I can stop wearing sweaters to hide my bump when I'm not actually cold!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Advertisement

quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
abhernandez
Registered Users

Re: Anyone still keeping the pregnancy a secret?

Me!!! Our mamas know and my 3 bffs. But other than that. No one. But it's not hard to hide.

Last edited by abhernandez; 08-11-2012 at 03:08 PM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Sarah7464
Registered Users
seller

Me! My friends know but my family doesn't. I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow and it's pretty hard to hide. I figure I'll let the secret out in a couple of weeks.
Sarah7464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

We've only told my immediate family and a small handful of friends (like my 3 closest friends). I haven't let DH tell anyone yet...

And the only reason I told family beyond my mother and sister was because we were on vacation with them for a week at the end of July and it would have been VERY obvious that I wasn't drinking, wine is always a big part of our evenings when on vacation...

I'm hoping to put it off a few more weeks at work, but my belly is definitely getting rounder by the week, so we'll see. I really have no plans for any type of "official" announcement with friends. I expect that at some point, once enough people know, it will somehow pop up on FB. But I'm fine if it doesn't.

Is it weird that I am amused by the thought of people never really knowing and then posting a picture and birth announcement once the baby is born? Obviously I'm not talking about notifying family that way, but just the many long-distance friends and former coworkers that we've accumulated after living in 5 states in 10 years...

Last edited by Caz; 08-11-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
katymf
Registered Users
seller

everyone knows except my dad!!! how awful is that?!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by katymf View Post
everyone knows except my dad!!! how awful is that?!
I'm sure there is a reason??
Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Me!!! Our mamas know and my 3 bffs. But other than that. No one. But it's not hard to hide.
That's handy. This is my 3rd and I really popped out early to my surprise.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
We've only told my immediate family and a small handful of friends (like my 3 closest friends). I haven't let DH tell anyone yet...

And the only reason I told family beyond my mother and sister was because we were on vacation with them for a week at the end of July and it would have been VERY obvious that I wasn't drinking, wine is always a big part of our evenings when on vacation...

I'm hoping to put it off a few more weeks at work, but my belly is definitely getting rounder by the week, so we'll see. I really have no plans for any type of "official" announcement with friends. I expect that at some point, once enough people know, it will somehow pop up on FB. But I'm fine if it doesn't.

Is it weird that I am amused by the thought of people never really knowing and then posting a picture and birth announcement once the baby is born? Obviously I'm not talking about notifying family that way, but just the many long-distance friends and former coworkers that we've accumulated after living in 5 states in 10 years...
Funny things amuse us sometimes!

I feel like I have to tell my boss as I'm afraid people will start rumours (our work is like that) about me if I don't soon. I'm 12 weeks now and I'm planning on telling him when I'm 13 because if I don't then I won't see him again (I'm a shift worker) until I'm 15.5 weeks. He's a chatterbox though so I know there is no telling him and asking him not to tell anyone. It's pointless. He will anyways. I know this because he is aso a friend I've known (prior to him becoming my boss) for 10 years. He can't keep this kind of secret....
Old 08-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our parents and siblings were just told 2 weeks ago, but no one else. Meh, what's the rush? I like to keep to myself, anyway, not interested in opinions or anti-birth tales or belly rubs.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
Blueberry32
Registered Users

I'm 13 weeks and have just started telling a handful of people. Mostly family and close friends.
Blueberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote