Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #11
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love them. As far as pull up covers go they are my favorite. I have dyed a pair in sort an experiment with some blackberrys that I picked. They dyed great and held the color well. We used them over MEOS and Sandys. They were great!

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
dannic
Registered Users

Re: Does anybody love those Dappi pull-on covers?

my fave nb cover...
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I should add that they hand wash easily and dry super fast. I used them exclusively with IKEA flats for the first handwashing flats challenge.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
3rugrats
Registered Users
seller

I used them exclusively w/ my first and some w/ my 2nd. They are the cheapest most reliable cover, IMO--albeit not the cutest
3rugrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegratefulmama View Post
These are in a totally different league price wise all together but I saw these checking out a link another thread asked about. I never knew Nikky made a cotton pull-on cover like their training pants but like the dappi, just a cover! $24.95+ shipping will probably prevent me from trying it but just thought I'd share. I'm going to pick up some dappis though next time I'm at nickis diapers! http://www.naturalbabyhome.com/nikky-diaper-cover.html

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Those are pretty cute!!! I love them! I have been looking for a dye-able cover that isn't hook & loop. (Why can't someone make one with snaps???)

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #16
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by max'smamma View Post
I used both Bummis and Dappi pull ons when my two boys were a bit older (1 to 2 years). I ended up using these exclusively for a long time because I loved them so much, and I had tried a LOT of covers. I agree with PP's pros for this cover. The ONLY con I found was that if there was a leak from the cloth diaper underneath (a bad one), then because you have to pull the cover off, I'd end up getting poop all over my LO's legs in the process of getting that cover off. Yuck...HOWEVER...NEVER had a leak with either of these covers. I loved that they were SO THIN to fit under clothes. And yes, there was something super cute about them.

The price is wonderful, too. Oh, and also, they line dry REALLY fast, and they lasted for way longer than I thought they would. This will be my 3rd go-around with the same covers.

Go for it!
Yeah I experience the poo-streaking when I use fleece or wool soakers, too. Man I hate when the poo leaks out of the diaper. I'm glad so many people love them, I'm totally going to get some now!

Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmommy View Post
I love them. As far as pull up covers go they are my favorite. I have dyed a pair in sort an experiment with some blackberrys that I picked. They dyed great and held the color well. We used them over MEOS and Sandys. They were great!
That's cute that you dyed them with berries! I have been wanting to try using natural dyes so I'm going to have to try that.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another dappi fan here! I prefer them over bummis. So comfy, cheap, easy to care for, super trim, bulletroof, and last forever. I challenge any one too tell the difference between a fastened flat under a dappi cover and a sposie. However, when poo escapes from the diaper...thats bad news.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

I have tried so many covers and always go back to Bummis and Dappi pull-ons. The Bummis have a taller rise, IMO. About an inch in my experience, and the bindings are softer. The Bummis are quieter, too. The Dappis are less "poofy" overall, though.

They ran pretty true to size for us, although DD is 19 lbs and in Medium Dappis for the rise, and in Medium Bummis for the legs. Bummis pull ons have been gentler to her chubby thighs than the Dappi, but the Dappi are cheaper!

We dyed ours with kool-aid!
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

I have tried so many covers and always go back to Bummis and Dappi pull-ons. The Bummis have a taller rise, IMO. About an inch in my experience, and the bindings are softer. The Bummis are quieter, too. The Dappis are less "poofy" overall, though.

They ran pretty true to size for us, although DD is 19 lbs and in Medium Dappis for the rise, and in Medium Bummis for the legs. Bummis pull ons have been gentler to her chubby thighs than the Dappi, but the Dappi are cheaper!

We dyed ours with kool-aid!
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote