Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
kalasin
Registered Users
seller

Re: Worst eBay experience ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJosie View Post
I don't need t IP! I have all her info from eBay and PayPal. It got so bad for a while that I told her I was going to contact her local police dept. She didn't care. So I did and they told me to contact their Internet crimes guy who never called me back after several messages. Now the emails aren't as frequent so it's not as bad as it was. If she didn't live clear across the country I would have been scared, it was THAT bad!

I'd still be scared that if she's travelling your way, she'll find a way to find you, kwim? And the internet crime guy needs to be reported for reals.

Advertisement

kalasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
If you're overcharged for shipping, you can get a refund on the difference. He can only charge actual shipping cost and packaging supplies per eBay rules. So keep that in mind next time.

You can block him via your personal email I know. I'm not sure about eBay and such, though.

I would contact their customer service and provide the harassing messages. He should not be allowed to do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
I don't do much on Ebay, but I have several times searched for things and seen ridiculous shipping charges. Like a $10 gift card, with a $25 shipping charge, or a pack of socks with a $15 shipping. How does that work if they are only supposed to charge actual shipping? If you bought something, could you force them to refund you the extra amount?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJules

I don't do much on Ebay, but I have several times searched for things and seen ridiculous shipping charges. Like a $10 gift card, with a $25 shipping charge, or a pack of socks with a $15 shipping. How does that work if they are only supposed to charge actual shipping? If you bought something, could you force them to refund you the extra amount?
There is actually a seller rule about excessive shipping charges. You can report them whether or not you buy. Its a way they try to circumvent ebay fees/trick the buyer.

On another note... i bought some quilty items. The seller listed ups shipping $13 which i didnt notice (my fault) right away. But i paid it even though i knew usps was way cheaper. SHE SHIPPED USPS for $5. I tried contacting her to get money back and she never responded. Ebay refunded my whole shipping fees when i filed with them.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack

There is actually a seller rule about excessive shipping charges. You can report them whether or not you buy. Its a way they try to circumvent ebay fees/trick the buyer.

On another note... i bought some quilty items. The seller listed ups shipping $13 which i didnt notice (my fault) right away. But i paid it even though i knew usps was way cheaper. SHE SHIPPED USPS for $5. I tried contacting her to get money back and she never responded. Ebay refunded my whole shipping fees when i filed with them.
From what I understand it doesn't even sidestep fees anymore, because the fees are from overall price and shipping now. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
sschmelzer
Registered Users
seller

So update: I told him I was sending all of his msgs to eBay ( even know they were all through eBay anyway). So...haven't had any msgs in a week
sschmelzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJosie View Post
I don't think they'll do anything. I'm STILL getting emails from someone from like 4 years ago. She bid on something, didn't read the description, got mad, wouldn't ship it back, filed with PP and they sided with me. She is STILL sending me nasty emails thought she's down to just 3 or 4 a year now. I've reported her to eBay and I get the "we take things very seriously" reply but that's it. I haven't reported her in the last year or so, maybe it's changed.
That is nuts!!!