Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
Umbilical Hernia (delayed symptoms?)

I am just over 4 months post-partum and the past couple days have had pain/pressure in my navel area. It's not constant, but more noticeable when moving from a laying down to a seated position and when bending over.

Of course, I consult Dr. Google before I actually consider going in because the worst thing is to go the the doc just to find out you are constipated or something . . . LOL

Has anyone had an umbilical hernia and did you know immediately after having your baby or can symptoms be delayed as your uterus contracts an everything else tries to 'go back to normal'. Are there symptoms other than navel pressure and pain to watch out for?

SAHM to My Supergirl (4-12) and baby boy (due 5-15)
Shop at Diaper Safari Always Free Shipping with no minimum purchase!
Hi-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Umbilical Hernia (delayed symptoms?)

This happened to me after my second baby. A few months down the track I could pop it in and out. Then when I got pregnant with my third it got even worse and would come out and be very painful, and I would have to lie down and massage it back in. Now it still bothers me because my belly button looks ugly and weird. And I have a bad cough and the other day coughed so much that it popped out again. My baby is 9 months. Super painful, and considering surgery at some stage.
Jen=mummy to L and S and A, my birthday thief, and one little baby-not-to-be 14/2/14
I sell patterns for OSFM covers and fitted diapers, please check out
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
My Mood:
Re: Umbilical Hernia (delayed symptoms?)

I had one that developed during/after my 2nd pregnancy -- had it surgically repaired, which SUCKED but was necessary. I highly suggest having it looked at to see if that's what it is. You don't want it to rupture and have emergency surgery.
Shannon ~ Wife to Kevin || 08.14.04
Mama to Nikolas Eli || 04.14.07, Kate Elise || 11.06.08,

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote