Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
emerino
Registered Users

Should I be concerned?

DD's stomach hurts. She hardly ate any dinner. Her stomach is really full looking and stiff...that is what worries me. DH has a stomach virus. Is it just that? I've never seen that symptom and I thought she already had the virus last weekend. She looks like she ate a huge meal but she probably had a few bites.

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

I would definitely get a painful, rigid, distended abdomen looked at. Maybe call your ped but I am sure they will say take her to the ER to be evaluated.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Should I be concerned?

It may be the virus again. Does she have any other symptoms other than the pain/reduced eating? Is it possible that she is constipated? My Dad used to have constipation issues (sorry, TMI), and his stomach would look very full and he wouldn't really eat until he had a BM. Also, is it very localized pain? Like only on one side or something, or is it more general?
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Constipation was my thought. Is she complaining she is in pain?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
dmp517
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
I would definitely get a painful, rigid, distended abdomen looked at. Maybe call your ped but I am sure they will say take her to the ER to be evaluated.
dmp517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
emerino
Registered Users

Thanks for the help. She vomited. And now her stomach is soft again. Two down. I hope the rest of us stay well! And I hope she doesn't miss her first day of Kindergarten Monday.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerino View Post
Thanks for the help. She vomited. And now her stomach is soft again. Two down. I hope the rest of us stay well! And I hope she doesn't miss her first day of Kindergarten Monday.
Well it totally stinks that she's sick, but at least you know what's going on now! Hope she feels better soon!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww poor kiddo!!! My DS gets strep super easy and the only symptom he has usually is a sore tummy. (Not even a sore throat..). If it continues I would probably take her in just to be safe.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
emerino
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

Well it totally stinks that she's sick, but at least you know what's going on now! Hope she feels better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996
Aww poor kiddo!!! My DS gets strep super easy and the only symptom he has usually is a sore tummy. (Not even a sore throat..). If it continues I would probably take her in just to be safe.
Thank you. She hasn't thrown up again. She didn't eat lunch but she ate all her dinner. So, it looks like we're good to go for first day of K tomorrow!!