Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
libbylou62
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Vegan toddler nutrition

Hey mams, our little family recently went whole foods vegan, and it's great, we all feel awesome and it's definitely the right choice for our family. I do, however, worry about my 2-year-old's nutrition, he used to drink a green drink everyday (spinach, kale, broccoli, fruit), but about a month ago he started refusing them, and now I don't feel certain he's getting enough nutrition! Can anyone suggest a good vitamin supplement for him? Any other clever ideas to sneak some nutrition into him?

Advertisement

Libby, helpmate to love of my life #1 carpenter/tattoo artist/musician/fullt-time student Matt , full-time nanny to E(8/05), E(10/07) & J(12/09) , & proud waterbirthing, non-circing, BFing, NIPing, BWing, CDing, bed-sharing, APing, full-vaxing mama to love of my life #2 Henry David (9/12/10)
libbylou62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Freeze the green smoothies into Popsicles!
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
libbylou62
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vegan toddler nutrition

Did that, it totally worked for about two weeks.
Libby, helpmate to love of my life #1 carpenter/tattoo artist/musician/fullt-time student Matt , full-time nanny to E(8/05), E(10/07) & J(12/09) , & proud waterbirthing, non-circing, BFing, NIPing, BWing, CDing, bed-sharing, APing, full-vaxing mama to love of my life #2 Henry David (9/12/10)
libbylou62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vegan toddler nutrition

Can you back off on the green and put more sweet things (apples, blueberries, etc) in for a while? Or make it a carrot orange smoothie?
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My family is not vegan, but we are vegetarian so I do worry about my kiddos getting all they need. We use a multivitamin with iron (centrum for kids), but I think my best way to monitor my kids meals is to give them a divided resealable tray and let them pick and eat whatever they want from the dish. If they want to snack all day, fine because I know what they're eating. The tray has nuts, raisins, fruits, 2 veggies, crackers pretzels or granola, cheese, and usually hummus (dd loves hummus). Nothing gets a refill throughout the day, so if they eat all the cheese or raisins they,re gone and they can eat something else in there if they're hungry.
I use a wavy knife to cut foods because they love it. The way I see it food has to be interesting to the kiddos for them to eat it. Maybe if he was helping to make the smoothie he would drink it. Let him choose some of the ingredients, or all of them.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote