Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #81
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Wtg! It's an incredible journey. U will have peaks and valleys. All of which will make you a better runner, not just physically, but mentally

Advertisement

__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #82
mebl0901's Avatar
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,003
5 mi in 48.45! A record for this mama!! I started out at 9 min/mi and got slower and slower. I hate that but was so glad I stayed under 10 min miles. Maybe I can do the 10 min pace group for my half, after all?!
__________________
Proud mama of 9/07 and 11/10
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #83
mebl0901's Avatar
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87
I just started training! I'm using an app called "run training"
I run 4-5 times a week right now
Yay! Good for u! When is the race you are training for?

Do you like the app? Do you think it's accurate? I use MapMyRun and don't like it so I'm looking for a good, reliable one.
__________________
Proud mama of 9/07 and 11/10
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #84
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 688
Re: Anyone training for a 1/2 or full marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901 View Post
Yay! Good for u! When is the race you are training for?

Do you like the app? Do you think it's accurate? I use MapMyRun and don't like it so I'm looking for a good, reliable one.
well I just started using it but I think it's good! its a 3 month program, which is a good length... I want to sign up for the disney princess 1/2 in january, but I'm going to wait and see if I get pregnant, because last time I was sooo sick for 4 months
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #85
mebl0901's Avatar
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,003
Re: Anyone training for a 1/2 or full marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
well I just started using it but I think it's good! its a 3 month program, which is a good length... I want to sign up for the disney princess 1/2 in january, but I'm going to wait and see if I get pregnant, because last time I was sooo sick for 4 months
Cool! So does it give you a training program? Does it have GPS? That's my main issue - making sure my distances are correct.

How quickly does a Disney race sell out? I would imagine pretty quickly! I signed up in April or May for the St. Jude half marathon that's in December and it was sold out! I was only able to join if I agreed to fund raising. I was shocked at how fast it sold out.
__________________
Proud mama of 9/07 and 11/10
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #86
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 688
Re: Anyone training for a 1/2 or full marathon?

yeah they do, it's at the end of feb and it's 60% full already.

no I don't think mine has a GPS :-/ just tells me how many minutes to run
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #87
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
I fon't think any
Phone app is reliable for accuarcy in distance. Especially hilly areas. Consider the Nike pod or a garmin (I have the 110)
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #88
mebl0901's Avatar
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,003
Re: Anyone training for a 1/2 or full marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I fon't think any
Phone app is reliable for accuarcy in distance. Especially hilly areas. Consider the Nike pod or a garmin (I have the 110)
Darn, that's disappointing to hear.

What's the Nike Pod? I googled but didn't see anything really. I've looked at Garmins and they're on my wish list. Too $$$ for me at this point though. Guess I'll just keep driving the distances in my car first! LOL
__________________
Proud mama of 9/07 and 11/10
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #89
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Okay, so my friend who was using the pod says they are kinda becoming the old thing. He's being using the Nike app and has had much luck. Issues in some elevation changes, but not anything like the free running app (map my run, runkeeper) so maybe try that! And keep checking eBay and CL for a garmin. Incredibly reliable And no issues with dropping, ever. Even at constantly changing elevations.
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #90
mebl0901's Avatar
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,003
New PR yesterday at my 5k. 27:08! My last 5k PR was 28:59 so I'm pretty pumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981
Okay, so my friend who was using the pod says they are kinda becoming the old thing. He's being using the Nike app and has had much luck. Issues in some elevation changes, but not anything like the free running app (map my run, runkeeper) so maybe try that! And keep checking eBay and CL for a garmin. Incredibly reliable And no issues with dropping, ever. Even at constantly changing elevations.
Thank you!! Do you know the actual name of the app? I will keep an eye on eBay and CL - hadn't thought of that, actually!
__________________
Proud mama of 9/07 and 11/10
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.