Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #21
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

I seriously think her bottom is irritated by wetness & no matter what you put on her, it will remain that way.

Having a DS with these same issues, I found switching to cloth wipes AND patting him dry with a cloth wipe eliminated all redness outside of pooping. He would react half of the time to poopy diapers & the only solution to that was to hope I caught it right after it happened.

Honestly, I saw no difference between stay-dry & natural fibers. The trick was the cloth wipes & patting dry.

Advertisement

Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #22
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: why did my fleece cover worsen DD's rash?

After reading the rest of your comments, the only thing that I could add is that if this was an isolated case, it's hard to say for certain what caused the rash

If you think it was from the fleece cover, I recommend trying it again and seeing what happens. I wouldn't use it over a PF or a PF converted to a fitted, though. Try something absorbent -- a nice squishy bamboo fitted with a good 6-8 layer snap-in soaker, or a trifolded PF laid inside the PF fitted.

We use fleece almost full time around here (DS is PLing, now, so it's fleece mainly at night) and do not have the problems you describe. However, I'm not saying that fleece couldn't be the culprit, I know I've read of mamas saying that it irritates their LO or makes them sweaty (for the record my son is sweaty in every diaper cover when it's summertime).

This is why it's great to have so many options, what works for some may not work for others. My friend was telling me that her son is so rashy in his cloth these days -- she has 100% BumGenius pockets. I'm giving her a bunch of things to try, to see if they might help.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote