Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #21
mommytoreanne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Please help me....emergency!

You also must not know that the oj breaks down the med faster. That is why you should avoid oranges or oj in the morning. I would also say work on getting her to swallow the pill.

Advertisement

mommytoreanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
Ladies I think it has beeen made very clear how you feel in regards to the OPs questions and she has headed the advice and is on the way to the hospital.

So lets keep it positive and hope all is well with her DD and perhaps some of the creative solutions offered to prevent it from happening again will be of help to her
Here's the thing, though, although I do understand that normally this would be a great warning from a Mod that would generally prohibit kicking an OP when down --

This isn't a vent thread, or a WWYD, or anything like that. This is a medical situation that cannot be determined if dangerous by mamas on the DS Parenting Board. This is absolutely an ER or Poison Line situation. This is one case where some heavy-handed YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE ER AND NOT DS comments would be absolutely in the best interest of this board and all the parents reading it because it would be heavy reinforcement that accidental ingestion of medicine necessitates medical attention.

Sometimes these threads are not only a lesson for the OP, but the entire community.

And this is not to be seen as attacking the OP - I very much enjoy her posts and both her and SerenaJean as members of this community, I just think in this case a Mod warning right off does a disservice to how serious this situation is and may minimize how others feel down the road when in the same position.

Just my opinion.

I hope everything is well with your daughter, OP.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
Mom2Finn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar

Here's the thing, though, although I do understand that normally this would be a great warning from a Mod that would generally prohibit kicking an OP when down --

This isn't a vent thread, or a WWYD, or anything like that. This is a medical situation that cannot be determined if dangerous by mamas on the DS Parenting Board. This is absolutely an ER or Poison Line situation. This is one case where some heavy-handed YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE ER AND NOT DS comments would be absolutely in the best interest of this board and all the parents reading it because it would be heavy reinforcement that accidental ingestion of medicine necessitates medical attention.

Sometimes these threads are not only a lesson for the OP, but the entire community.

And this is not to be seen as attacking the OP - I very much enjoy her posts and both her and SerenaJean as members of this community, I just think in this case a Mod warning right off does a disservice to how serious this situation is and may minimize how others feel down the road when in the same position.

Just my opinion.

Completely agree and op sending good thoughts for you and your daughter.
Mom2Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda View Post
On way to ER
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar

Just my opinion.

I agree totally. I didn't see anything I would deem rude, attacking or negative. Just several appropriate reminders that ds is not the place to go for emergency medical advice. I'd expect the site owners to endorse that message when it was given very appropriately.

I hope all is ok.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #26
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post

Just my opinion.

Yes, but if one takes the time to actually read the thread, the OP has moved on from the "this is a matter for PC/ER not a message board." Continuing to post the same thing after the fact is beating a dead horse. Obviously, OP took that advice to heart, called PC, got their advice, watched her child, and deemed an ER trip to be necessary and is GONE. People continuing to post after the fact are just bashing.

OP, I suggest that you update your first post when you get a chance. It will avoid those who don't read the entire thread just posting something irrelevant at this point.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Yes, but if one takes the time to actually read the thread, the OP has moved on from the "this is a matter for PC/ER not a message board." Continuing to post the same thing after the fact is beating a dead horse. Obviously, OP took that advice to heart, called PC, got their advice, watched her child, and deemed an ER trip to be necessary and is GONE. People continuing to post after the fact are just bashing.

OP, I suggest that you update your first post when you get a chance. It will avoid those who don't read the entire thread just posting something irrelevant at this point.
this. It is no longer necessary to comment on those things since she clearly HAS gone to a real doctor about it.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #28
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm just hoping her child is ok! And it was a precautionary trip to the ER and not a something is happening they need medical attention!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #29
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

There was only one post after she said she was going that could be seen as repetitive, and then one that shared info that could benefit anyone (about OJ breaking down that medicine or others).

OP, I hope your little one is ok! Thoughts and prayers for her, and I hope you'll update when you're home and everyone is fine.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #30
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope your little one is okay!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote