Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Labeling Bottles

Just wondering what mamas used to label bottles for daycare. I tried sharpie and it just comes off in the dishwasher. I was going to order some of the silicone bands, but just wondering if that is my best option?

Advertisement

busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Labeling Bottles

Not for daycare, but for 2 sets of twins, I always get these. They are WONDERFUL because you just pop them on the bottle (or sippy like us) and they stay there through washing and everything. I've never had one break and 4 years later my first 2 sets are still going strong. I also find them very reasonably priced. Here is a link:

http://www.inchbug.com/bumpyname-orb...it-labels.html
Old 08-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Not for daycare, but for 2 sets of twins, I always get these. They are WONDERFUL because you just pop them on the bottle (or sippy like us) and they stay there through washing and everything. I've never had one break and 4 years later my first 2 sets are still going strong. I also find them very reasonably priced. Here is a link:

http://www.inchbug.com/bumpyname-orb...it-labels.html
That is what I have sitting in my shopping cart waiting to be ordered, I just wanted to have some feedback before spending the money on them. I'm glad to know yours have held up so well. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
yatts10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use inchbug for preschool. I used them on bottles and sippycups. They are very durable! Love them!
yatts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you need a cheaper option, get a sharpie super permanent industrial marker. They withstand most chemicals and high temperatures- we always used them in the labs when I worked stem cells.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love inchbug but at the school where I worked they used appliedlabels.com labels. They are nice because if your school requires that bottles be labeled with the dates, there are name labels that have a space for the date. The stickers stay on through washings and you can just write in the new date each day. They also have breast milk and formula stickers in case those need to be labeled as well.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyZ of 2 View Post
If you need a cheaper option, get a sharpie super permanent industrial marker. They withstand most chemicals and high temperatures- we always used them in the labs when I worked stem cells.
I will have to look for one of those too. I am always needing to label tupperware bowls and regular sharpie always has to be reapplied! Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieSAHM View Post
I love inchbug but at the school where I worked they used appliedlabels.com labels. They are nice because if your school requires that bottles be labeled with the dates, there are name labels that have a space for the date. The stickers stay on through washings and you can just write in the new date each day. They also have breast milk and formula stickers in case those need to be labeled as well.
I will have to check those out too! I saw that inchbug has labels, but I couldn't find where it said if they would hold up in the dishwasher. Good to know that these will! Thanks!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Masking tape and a sharpie. Super cheap!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

big fan of mabel's labels. Not used them on bottles but on DD's sports bottles and lunch containers for school. They still look perfect after a year's washing in the dishwasher.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote