Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

"natural inducing" early

ok i know that all moms are different but i do not understand why anyone would start trying to induce (natural/old wives tales) at not yet 37 weeks. i understand that pregnancy can be uncomfortable and that being on bed rest sucks hardcore been there done that but in a relatively low risk pregnancy where the baby is in no danger why would you try to get them to come early?

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
samham
Registered Users
seller

I'll probably try to induce 2 weeks early as long as baby is healthy. I would really like DH and baby to meet each other before DH gets deployed and baby is a year old.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: "natural inducing" early

36 weeks is a preemie. Why would anyone want their baby to come at 36?
Old 08-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
36 weeks is a preemie. Why would anyone want their baby to come at 36?
thats exactly what i was thinking. i understand the being uncomfortable but giving your baby her "eviction notice" (her words) before they are fully developed just seems like a really bad idea to me.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i did castor oil after 40 weeks but that was because the dr was talking induction and i did not want to do that again. i was induced at 36 weeks with ds1 and even though he was a good birth weight (7 lbs 6 oz) he would never latch and i ended up having to formula feed after pumping didnt produce the milk i needed.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a cousin who is the same way. It started at 34 weeks with her 2nd pg. and not the" oh I can't wait till this baby is born." But " this baby needs to be born, ....any day now...etc" drives me crazy. There are do many women who have preemies and would love to go full term. Its selfish. Which sadly is becoming a more common way to mother.

Sent from my droid
Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
I have a cousin who is the same way. It started at 34 weeks with her 2nd pg. and not the" oh I can't wait till this baby is born." But " this baby needs to be born, ....any day now...etc" drives me crazy. There are do many women who have preemies and would love to go full term. Its selfish. Which sadly is becoming a more common way to mother.

Sent from my droid
i know what you mean. i went 6 days over before i let the dr talk me into inducing. this baby is staying put until she is ready to come out. my sil had micro preemies so i understand how every day is important for pregnancy.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
pretty girl
Registered Users

I guess it depends. I started having sex, drinking raspberry leaf tea, primrose oil walking miles and miles a day at 35 weeks. I was trying to get my cervix to do something, anything at that point. Because we were talking early induction. I had no medical intervention until 40 weeks and had my membranes swept. I still didn't have her until 41+2.
pretty girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty girl View Post
I guess it depends. I started having sex, drinking raspberry leaf tea, primrose oil walking miles and miles a day at 35 weeks. I was trying to get my cervix to do something, anything at that point. Because we were talking early induction. I had no medical intervention until 40 weeks and had my membranes swept. I still didn't have her until 41+2.
I had sex and drank RRL tea my entire pregnancy, but I don't think that's what OP means. I think she means more intense forms - castor oil, pressure points, blue/black cohosh, ect.

OP, Ya it's crazy. I had a 36 weeker and cannot fathom that some people would WANT an early baby and all that comes along with it. The birth went ok but as a newborn every day was scary and emotional. He's almost 3 and still *slightly* delayed from being born so early and so jaundice.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a 35wk 4d as my first and while we avoided the NICU, he had a host of other issues that especially for first time parents, DH and I were overwelmed and scared. Then 2nd came at 37 weeks and while still early the difference was amazing.

I don't think a lot of FT parents/mom realize all that can go wrong or the issues that a baby born early could have.

While i have complained some and am so ready to be done, I know that this baby is not ready to come and needs at least to cook one more week. It makes me so made that people at work have been commenting on my not having the baby for the last two weeks. Every day I get--- you are still here. Yep. I am i do not want a premature baby. Why do they wish it on me. Uggg