Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #21
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010

Blasphemy!
Ha! Detox, then try the apple! For reals!

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #22
brookglen
Registered Users

I drink half cafs. Maybe two a day.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #23
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: caffeine and pregnancy

I go between 1 cup of coffee or 2 cups of black tea a day. I need it and I don't mind. Also, with my first pregnancy I went completely off of it, and when nursing I saw that it affected my LO. I'm hoping this time around, because of using it in moderation, my LO will allow me my cup or two.

Also, I have heard (but not personally researched) that the process for decaffinating normally caffinated drinks is pretty toxic. Something I need to look more into myself, but wanted to share.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #24
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ummm.....I am drinking a cup as we speak :hide
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #25
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

:shrug: Everybody has stuff the are more conservative about and stuff they are more risky about. I just wanted to mention the low birthweight stuff because that is something I never hear about on these boards so I figure most people have not read about that research. I wouldn't have except that I had just found out I was pregnant when it came out, and was looking into it. It seems pretty clear that there is a real relationship there. (Note: that doesn't mean that everyone who drinks coffee will have a low birthweight baby. Just like not everyone who smokes will have a low birthweight baby. But it's still a risk.) I gave up caffinated coffee and tea, but I've never had an addiction to caffeine so it was easy for me. I actually still buy decaf and my daughter is 3. For someone with a mild addiction I can see it being very difficult to give it up, especially in the first trimester when you are so tired, and not being worth it to lower your risk.

As far as the decaf process, I looked into that a little bit at the time, it seemed like there are various methods and only one of the ones I found looked like it could possibly be harmful (but there was no research proving it). Just looking at my bag of Dunkin Decaf, it doesn't specify what method it uses.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #26
ALNaturMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

If it makes you feel better, they give preemies caffeine to help them breathe.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Most health care providers will tell you that up to 2 cups of coffee daily is safe. I honestly don't worry about caffeine. I drink a cup of coffee about 3 or 4 days a week. I don't feel guilty if I drink tea out at a restaurant, or if I decide to have an occasional soda. Like so many other things.. it's one of this "fine in moderation" things.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #28
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:
Forum jumping here- with my YDD my midwife told me to drink caffeine for my headaches. I have chronic headaches and the caffeine helps without having to take pills. By the time she told me this I had not drink caffeine for a yr. (with YDS I couldn't drink pop or coffee due to morning sickness that lasted all pregnancy) so they weren't withdrawal headaches. As long as you don't go overboard it's fine.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my older son I cut all caffeine. With my younger son, I had 1 diet coke a day and decaf tea. Moderation.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #30
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
Ummm.....I am drinking a cup as we speak :hide
Right there with ya.....heck, I may have another
The rest of the day I'll drink water

ETA: I rarely drink pop of any kind, because after all, that stuff is just as horrible for you, probably worse than 2 cups of coffee........

Last edited by Melmonkey; 08-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Melmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote