Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
corscors
Registered Users
seller

Heavy Wetter..night time diapering

My ds is 6 months old and has started leaking through at night....REALLY leaking through, soaked even through the mattress. We have even tried pampers and i have tried a bum genius with 2 doublers on top of the insert. By 5 am he was leaking. Right now i am using 2 pampers and i hate it. What cloth diaper works best for you? I need low cost and low maintenance! How many night time diapers do i need?

* during the day we use a gmd prefold in a gpant

Advertisement

corscors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
babilove121405
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heavy Wetter..night time diapering

i like the kawaii heavy wetter . use i night time and 2 regular inserts until my hemp comes in. usually i use bm 4.0 snap with 3 inserts. 2 during the day
babilove121405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

when I had that problem with my DS, it was right around that age and the ONLY thing I found that did the trick was putting him in a flat, with another flat inside (pad folded) and 2-3 hemp babies doublers, and a wool cover. WOOL is AMAZING!!!! once it is properly lanolized, its bullet proof. Once we switched to that, no more leaks! If you are interested in flats and not sure how to do the folds, goodle it... I always had the best luck with the "Kite" fold, and jelly rooling the legs in feel free to pm me for more info if youd like! good luck!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Does he sleep all night or still wake for a feeding? If he's sleeping through the night, what cloth do you have and what have you tried?
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With a LO wetting that much, I would do a good quality bamboo fitted, hemp doubler and wool. I'd probably start with the Sbish fitteds and I love our Disana wool soakers.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Low cost and low maintenance.....
1. Bummis Superbrite covers ROCK but a flip would work if you like the fit of bg products
2. Alva 3layer bamboo inserts work MUCH better that microfiber and are cheap cheap cheap!
3. HempBabies doublers (size large bc they're longer and skinnier) work great folded in half or trifolded and placed up front for boys and are pretty cheap, too.

I would use 2 alva bamboo inserts and 1 hempbabies insert in a superbrite, to start and adjust absorbancy as needed.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had that problem with DD1 about that age. She frequently peed right through a Huggies Overnight. No matter what you do, consider getting a package of Dappi pull-ons. I used one over the sposie until I found a working cloth solution. Never had a leak. Then I discovered that an MEOS with stay-dry snap in doubler and two Hemp Babies Little Weeds under the Dappi pull-on worked even better.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
42cgroves
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HEMP! I have found that 1 4 layer bamboo alva insert with a joey bunz hemp insert behind is awesome for us, but I do still have to change ds most nights around 3--he is a night nurser, so he just wets all night long....
42cgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
hcachristie
Registered Users
seller

Hemp doublers worked wonders for us when DS was wetting through the Huggies Overnites. The HempBabies are super thin but hold a lot, and since they aren't bulky they don't take forever to dry even though they are hemp. If you do get hemp, just make sure not to wash it w/your regular CD's at first because the oils can coat them so they will repel. They need to be washed several times on their own or you can boil to get rid of the natural oils.
hcachristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
holocene
Registered Users

Before purchasing expensive fitteds and wool... try an organic flip insert stuffed into your bg pocket. We were having leaks all the time until we switched. I don't even have to add a booster, so it's relatively trim. You can buy them in three packs, so that's what we did. We have three BG 4.0's stuffed with a tri folded flip organic for night. We wash every two days.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote