Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #31
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How much does a months worth of forums cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
I did similac ready to feed soy for 9 months and it cost $60 total. Similac does so many coupons in the mail and in the paper that i was getting them free or
.50 a jug. I still stock up on the organic stuff even though my goal is to only bf dd who's almost five months. I have 120 jugs that i have paid $12 total for with expirations of 2013.
When my DS was EFFing on Alimentum, that's what we did. They ended up being about $3/jug because Alimentum is so expensive, but it's still way cheaper than powder!

Advertisement

KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #32
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I did similac ready to feed soy for 9 months and it cost $60 total. Similac does so many coupons in the mail and in the paper that i was getting them free or
.50 a jug. I still stock up on the organic stuff even though my goal is to only bf dd who's almost five months. I have 120 jugs that i have paid $12 total for with expirations of 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
When my DS was EFFing on Alimentum, that's what we did. They ended up being about $3/jug because Alimentum is so expensive, but it's still way cheaper than powder!
I have to assume this is regional? RTF when on sale is still nearly $6 and I haven't seen a Similac coupon for more than $3 since before I had my son in October. I never see it for more than 10-15% off. I am also signed up in their mailing program and while I did receive some of the checks, I think it was around ten total, including the ones before he was born when they are trying to rope you in.

I am in CA.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar

I have to assume this is regional? RTF when on sale is still nearly $6 and I haven't seen a Similac coupon for more than $3 since before I had my son in October. I never see it for more than 10-15% off. I am also signed up in their mailing program and while I did receive some of the checks, I think it was around ten total, including the ones before he was born when they are trying to rope you in.

I am in CA.
Ours is $5.49 a jug retail and will frequently go onsale for $5. I get monthly coupons from them in the mail and i also have coupon sharing groups that i trade my enfamel and goodstarts for similac. We also have $5 paper coupons about twice a year. If i end up bfing exclusively i will donate all the formula to our local teen mother church program.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #34
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Ours is $5.49 a jug retail and will frequently go onsale for $5. I get monthly coupons from them in the mail and i also have coupon sharing groups that i trade my enfamel and goodstarts for similac. We also have $5 paper coupons about twice a year. If i end up bfing exclusively i will donate all the formula to our local teen mother church program.
Similac here is $7.19 retail per jug and right now is on sale for $6.74. I have seen it once for $5.96 in the year we have been doing formula.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Similac here is $7.19 retail per jug and right now is on sale for $6.74. I have seen it once for $5.96 in the year we have been doing formula.
Wow. Still. Not horrible if you could get enough $5 coupons
Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #36
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Wow. Still. Not horrible if you could get enough $5 coupons
Yeah, totally true. But, I was just looking over things because I log a lot of expenses, and we have gotten 11 $5 checks including before he was born, and there has never been a $5 coupon in the newspaper since he has been alive. Only $2 ones, once. The pediatrician gave me a couple in Nov 2011.

it is so weird that where you are you have so many in the paper and the mail. They must not want me as much
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Yeah, totally true. But, I was just looking over things because I log a lot of expenses, and we have gotten 11 $5 checks including before he was born, and there has never been a $5 coupon in the newspaper since he has been alive. Only $2 ones, once. The pediatrician gave me a couple in Nov 2011.

it is so weird that where you are you have so many in the paper and the mail. They must not want me as much
Idk. I get one/two a month in mail have since my dd3 was born 2 years ago. Plus i trade you should trade mamas if you get other coupons.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #38
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Idk. I get one/two a month in mail have since my dd3 was born 2 years ago. Plus i trade you should trade mamas if you get other coupons.
I don't really have anyone to trade with, I am the only one here I know with a baby. I have just been purchasing RTF smaller cans of Enfamil when I get the checks and donating them to the women's shelter.

My son is 11 months old, so end of the road here, thank goodness!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #39
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I don't really have anyone to trade with, I am the only one here I know with a baby. I have just been purchasing RTF smaller cans of Enfamil when I get the checks and donating them to the women's shelter.

My son is 11 months old, so end of the road here, thank goodness!
Yeah. I was pretty desperate for them a 2 years ago when dd3 needed soy. I eas very lucky
Old 09-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #40
ans7
Registered Users

I know the herbs and teas get expensive. Just wanted to mention I get my fenugreek on drugstore.com 100 pills for 5.49, they have coupon codes sometimes through email. They also have the mother's milk tea pretty cheap if you're trying that. Also wanted to commend you for sticking with breastfeeding and supplementing as long as you have. My little guy is 8 weeks and we've had to supplement because of latch/supply issues. It's hard work doing everything to keep the milk going and I've definitely thought of switching to formula many times. My lactation consultant told me breastmilk is $4.00 an oz through a milk bank, so that puts it in perspective when I think about the cost of formula vs the cost of my milk. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, because in the end you'll be a better mom when you're not stressed out and frustrated and if formula helps that then go for it.
ans7 is offline   Reply With Quote