Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Mommy0912
Registered Users

Mama cloth suggestions

I am EBF'ing my 5 month old and waiting on pp flow to return. Decided to get something for myself this holiday season so I purchased a lunette. Now I need some mama cloth for everyday and cup backup. I want a soft velour like or fleece minky against the skin and just thin liners with snaps. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Mommy0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Mama cloth suggestions

I adore Go with the Flo and plan to post some unused and unwashed GWTF at a discount soon b/c I ordered the wrong sizes when I stocked up (I discovered after placing my second order that I really need their petite line and so am waiting for that order to arrive for resale here at a modest discount). Mine will be for full on use rather than as cup back ups, however (13" supers and 11" regulars). I have never used a cup.

For cup back ups, I wonder if Pampered Mama might be good for you. An acquaintance whose advice I trust says that she loves them, that they are much thinner than most brands, very breathable and not too wide. The very thinnest brand I've come across is Party in My Pants (she says Pampered Mama are in between PIMP and GWTF in thickness, and GWTF is much thinner than most brands). I just ordered some more PIMPS for those days when it is important that there is no pad showing. They are actually thinner than the ultrathin disposable brand I used to get! Some people may find that their nylon backing (sort of like a thin gore-tex) does not breathe enough, however. AND they only have cotton and flannel tops, not minky or velour. Go with the Flo has amazing velour, and I am about to try their minky. Pampered Mama has really pretty minky prints.

Hope that helps!
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

For super thin but effective liners, GEMcloth is the BEST!
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Back when I used to use tampons, I almost never managed to "center" my spillover. The tiny little liners drove me bonkers b/c inevitably I'd be scrubbing the edges or front of my panty with an old toothbrush. With that in mind, I would personally look for the longer lengths of liners. Both Pampered Mama and Go with the Flow are great that way (Pampered has 9" and GWTF goes up to 10"). Most cloth brands of liner that I've seen are only 6-7", although I see that the ones the above reviewer mentioned are 8". Also since even the PIMP pads are thinner than most liners, you could get any size PIMP pad as a backup liner, and you might find that you like to use it as a regular pad some days.

Last edited by debcita429; 11-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

For backup with a cup you just need light pads. Once you get the hang of using the cup you shouldn't have any leaks. You might have some times when you just can't get it in right and do need something light for backup, or I have those times anyway! I just got a Lunette BTW and LOVE it!
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote