Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Am I the only one who doesn't think it's a big deal

To go out in public with multiple children?

Granted I only have 3, but it seems like my friends on FB will post about "Oh my gosh, I went to the grocery store with all 3/4 kids." And I just and say "Okay? This is difficult because?" I take mine everywhere, junk stores, grocery store, I even take all 3 of them to the pool without another adult. Last year I even coached soccer AND kept an eye on the younger 2 because I didn't have a sitter. If one has to go to the dr we ALL go to the dr, I've taken them to my dentist appointments, my eye appointments (didn't have a sitter)...only time I ever drop them off is for my Pap (and only because they don't need to see that LOL...if I needed an exam and couldn't find someone to take care of them I'd take them with and just have the nurse draw the curtain or something).

I don't get why it's such a big deal to go out in public with children?

I was talking to my neighbor and she was saying she NEVER takes all 4 of hers out in public alone. And her kids are older than mine! (9, 7, 5, 3). I figure if you never take them out they don't learn to behave and then you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of badly behaved kids. Start taking them out early and they learn to be good early and you can take them anywhere with no worries.

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 08-14-2012 at 07:39 AM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have noticed this too. I have 3 and they are older now but I have always taken all three of them wherever I needed to go. I don't get it? My boys know how to act and I don't have a problem controlling them. So no you are not the only one

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't think it's a big deal

Mine are 7, 4 and 2 and it's still not that big of a deal. DS2 can hold my hand or sit in a stroller/cart or be carried. DD and DS1 do very well in public, stay by me and are quiet for the most part.

I don't like to eat out with them but they will do okay if it's quick enough (even a well behaved 2 year old can only sit on his bottom for so long LOL)
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not going to lie... I don't like taking one out alone when I go grocery shopping. She's almost 3 and at this point I'm uber pregnant and the in the cart/out of the cart.. running up to random children who are her new best friends... touching everything in the meat/produce department and getting miserable by the time we hit the check out is too much for me some days.

I'm hoping it will be easier when this baby is out instead of in. Also, DH and I enjoy doing our shopping together so I think we're just used to having an extra set of eyes on her and hands to grab her when she runs in front of people's carts. We're working on it though!
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have two right now but often have my neice and have always taken them places by myself. I would get nothing done or go anywhere then. DH works Tues-Sat till 10pm (sometiems Sunday also)

I take them
grocery shopping
mall shopping/general errands
pool
park
weddings
funerals
fairs
festivals
open house at school
4 hour car trips for family vacations (with DHs family)
oil change
ect ect ect
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

Mine go with me because I don't have a sitter and because they are my kids...ha! I have noticed that...at least in my group of friends...that many who have more help are the ones who seem to think it is to hard. I assume it is because they havent had to so the kids arent used to it?
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have heard that too, but i dont get it. I have a 4.5, 3 and 18 month old, and often have my niece (7) and nephew (10months) with me as well. We go everywhere without issue.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajiggles View Post
Not going to lie... I don't like taking one out alone when I go grocery shopping. She's almost 3 and at this point I'm uber pregnant and the in the cart/out of the cart.. running up to random children who are her new best friends... touching everything in the meat/produce department and getting miserable by the time we hit the check out is too much for me some days.

I'm hoping it will be easier when this baby is out instead of in. Also, DH and I enjoy doing our shopping together so I think we're just used to having an extra set of eyes on her and hands to grab her when she runs in front of people's carts. We're working on it though!
My kids all have to hold onto the cart while we walk, so that eliminates the touching stuff and going up to strangers right there.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
gemgirlred
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 7 children and I take them with me everywhere People at the stores look at me like I am nuts, but they are all well behaved. They are 13, 9, 9, 7, 6, 22 months and 3 months.
gemgirlred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

My kids go with me pretty much everywhere, too. And I have 5 under 6. I do plan the large grocery trips for when DH is home so I can go alone (or maybe with me older 2) but that is mostly logistics since my 2 boys take up too much of the cart for a full grocery trip. Not to mention I prefer grocery shopping at 8-9pm when the stores are dead, and the kids are in bed at that time. But if I need a couple things, we all go. If someone has a dentist/doctor's appointment, we all go. If someone has a school meeting, we all go. It isn't always fun but is manageable.

I do think it is kind of funny when I hear people saying how hard it is to go places with 2 kids because to me, that is a breeze! If only they knew, lol!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote