Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

All kids are different and mamas have different stress levels. Does not seem unusual to me at all either way.

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Am I the only one who doesn't think it's a big deal

I think it is the popular thing to do. Complaining about how difficult their children are. I can't begin to count the amount of mamas I here telling people how hard it is with just one nb baby. They would never dream of having another child. I always wondered what such a new little person had done that was soo bad.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #13
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's not a big deal to me either, but I homeschool so having all four with me at all times is just normal. Four was the easiest for grocery shopping. I push the cart and the two oldest push the two youngest in strollers. One of the littles holds the list, one holds the coupons. No idle hands. Perfect. I have a teen now, so the kids would rather stay home with her most of the time, but I don't mind taking them if they want to go.
I also never really understand when people feel like it takes two parents to care for a newborn. To me that is about the easiest age to handle. I always thought it was weird when friends had their dh's take off from work for a week or more to "help with the baby".
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

HAHA I chuckle at those people on the inside as I pack up all my kids and off we go. Today we are going to Target, Costco, and BRU--yep with all 5 of mine 7,5,3,3,and 6 weeks. Granted if you don't ever take your kids out then they probably don't know how to handle it and neither do you. My husband is in the Air Force and is often gone for periods of time, my life would be awful if I didn't know how to do things with all of us.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13
All kids are different and mamas have different stress levels. Does not seem unusual to me at all either way.

My 2 year old loves to try to run in the road so outings are extremely stressful for me because I have to have a physical hand on her at all times or have her buckled into a stroller. I think every child and mom is different and our patience levels are all different.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by syfitz View Post
It's not a big deal to me either, but I homeschool so having all four with me at all times is just normal. Four was the easiest for grocery shopping. I push the cart and the two oldest push the two youngest in strollers. One of the littles holds the list, one holds the coupons. No idle hands. Perfect. I have a teen now, so the kids would rather stay home with her most of the time, but I don't mind taking them if they want to go.
I also never really understand when people feel like it takes two parents to care for a newborn. To me that is about the easiest age to handle. I always thought it was weird when friends had their dh's take off from work for a week or more to "help with the baby".
Why is that weird?
My DH has taken the first week off with each of our kiddos and will with this one too. I love it. He does everything around the house and I just get to bond with the baby and get good nursing relationship established, rest and heal up. Plus it gives him some quality time with the other kiddos that he doens't get on a regular basis. He works 5 to 6 days a week 9 or 10am till 9 or 10pm
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It depends on the age. Before I had my youngest, taking them all somewhere was no big deal. After adding the newborn, it was difficult for a while. Now it's not so big of a deal. We're headed out to the kids new school now, and probably a few resale shops. It just takes some adjusting. And for longer grocery shopping trips, I do prefer to take less kids, but that's because I like to be quicker and 4 kids add about 1.5 hours onto my shopping trip before I know it.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
Why is that weird?
My DH has taken the first week off with each of our kiddos and will with this one too. I love it. He does everything around the house and I just get to bond with the baby and get good nursing relationship established, rest and heal up. Plus it gives him some quality time with the other kiddos that he doens't get on a regular basis. He works 5 to 6 days a week 9 or 10am till 9 or 10pm
This really is a good idea. Especially in the early weeks when you're healing too. Usually it wasn't so much caring for the newborn but for the older kids. Taking them to and from school (especially with 1/2 day Kindergarten) and cooking, up and down stairs, etc. Do too much and you could find yourself not healing as quickly as you should. I ended up in the hospital because I thought I was fine and did too much.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My kids are bad. I hate taking them to the store.

It's not that they are bad, they just get bored and run around and scream. Not my idea of a good shopping time!

Last edited by Tina5834; 08-14-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #20
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Well, kudos to all of you who can manage multiple kids out and about. As for me, I can just barely manage one, and I'll leave him home if there's any possible way to do it. It's not that he misbehaves, he is just VERY active and WILL NOT sit still, even strapped in the cart, and so the result is I can't focus AT ALL on what I am trying to accomplish... so, if I take him to the grocery store I leave with half of what is on my list and a bunch of stuff that wasn't, or like yesterday I took him to the craft store and between him asking "what is that?" a bazillion times, and trying to stand up in the cart or otherwise being his usual 2-year-old self and me trying to look at pattern books for halloween costumes, I might as well have taken a roomful of puppies with me. I got NOTHING accomplished. WEll, I mean, I left the store with something but I'm still not sure it was what I meant to leave with

I think it depends on the kid and the parent. I'm high anxiety, and it is really almost too much for me to try to get something done and take care of DS at the same time. He is very very active and chatty and I don't focus well, so the two together are overwhelming to me, especially in an already overwhelming store like, for example, super Target. Now, if we are just going out somewhere for fun and not to actually ACCOMPLISH something, I love taking him. But a doctor office for an appt for myself? no way. nothing like that. I would find a sitter if I had to beg borrow or steal.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote