Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Appt today...MFM referral

Had my appt today. heard the HB right away. My blood sugars are going up and I was referred to an MFM to handle it. This was a surprise, my regular OB has handled diabetes for the last 4 babies....except when I needed an MFM for other reasons. They want to see my in 2 weeks after the MFM next week...not to surprised as I had appts every other week from 14-24 weeks and then weekly or more last time. makes life crazy though!

Advertisement

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been referred to the diabetes center here by my ob...I'm now on insulin am and pm and will be 15 weeks on Friday...
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Appt today...MFM referral

Pre-existing?

I do not have pre-existing diabetes, but it doesn't take much extra pregnancy stress to tip me into being diabetic.

I would rather be on insulin that anything else. Oral meds make me sick and I can keep much tighter control with the insulin. When I said that to the DR she looked at me like I had 3 heads. LOL!! Insulin really is not all that bad.

Hope you can keep your sugars under control!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had GD with 2 of my other pregnancies so I guess so :-) I'm also on metformin for PCOS but obviously that isn't doing it. No problem though, as many shots as I have done for IVF...that little needle doesn't bother me :-)