Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Right or wrong?

I purchased 4 items from an ebay seller- one of the 4 items has a flaw. When I brought it to the sellers attention they told to put the one flawed item in the large priority box that everything shipped in and write "refused" on the package and set it out for my mailperson. For one we have to schedule home pick up for packages here and I could only do that with a paid shipping label. When I mentioned that refusing a package under those circumstances makes me feel uncomfortable the seller said their BIL was a postal service supervisor and explained how to return packages.
Never mind all of the other strange requests from this person...

WWYD?

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Connor
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't do it. Then it could appear that you refused the whole package. If you want to send back the one item ship it yourself in a smaller box/envelope.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

No, that is not the correct way to return an item p a seller. You need DC to protect yourself. I would contact eBay directly, or go through a Paypal claim to cover yourself.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Right or wrong?

Yeah I have no intention of trying to rip off the PO as I'm pretty sure that it what it would be.
I hate to open a claim as the seller said their father died but I'm becoming increasingly concerned that this person is a scammer.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme
Yeah I have no intention of trying to rip off the PO as I'm pretty sure that it what it would be.
I hate to open a claim as the seller said their father died but I'm becoming increasingly concerned that this person is a scammer.
Not to mention ripping off the post office, there's no dc when shipping that way and seller could say uou never sent back item etc
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
Not to mention ripping off the post office, there's no dc when shipping that way and seller could say uou never sent back item etc
Very true!

I also am finding it curious that this is an item this person makes and sells but wants back my flawed item so they can make one that is the same size and also doesn't know what the item weighs.
The item in question is a valance- which I think would be of a standard size and weight.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
You can't refuse a package once it's been opened. If you refused it before opening and it had DC, it would have it on the way back, but that's not the case here.

Either she's a liar or her BIL is a moron. Attempting postal fraud isn't a good thing to suggest to someone.

You would have to ship it back at your expense with DC to cover yourself through PP anyway, so I would just do it that way.

More than likely she's trying to avoid having you ask her to pay return shipping on the defective item.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would file though PP and mail back with DC to protect yourself
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thats illegal since you already opened the package. open a claim, ship with dc, all as others have said.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The last I heard the seller is now mailing a shipping label- if it doesn't have DC I won't use it though.
I don't understand why they don't just ship another valance with a shipping label to return the first one.
It all seems very backward and unnecessary.
It doesn't have to be this difficult- I'm tempted to leave negative feedback just for the PITA this transaction has been!