Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OMGOSH WHAT HAVE WE DONE????

I felt that way about my house when we moved in the end of April, and I'm just now starting to feel like I've made progress. I can't imagine doing it 10 days PP with multiple LOs, LOL.

What I did was just move everything in one room, so all the boxes and chaos was in one place. Then I tackled it one room at a time. Then I did that room with the boxes that were left last. You really have to BE in a place for a while to understand how your processes are going to flow and what's going to work. Moving bookcases and so forth will probably happen several times.

And I don't think it's selfish to "demand" your mom's time. Sis should ease up.

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Thinking about you!!! So happy you have your little one! I think you should take an inventory, almost like a budget. What rooms do you have, and how do you want them to function. Then you can start thinking about how to divvy up the stuff you have so it can be functional. 10 days postpartum isn't any time to be making decisions, though. Hopefully you can be honest with your mom and sister that you need help so they can focus on what is most important for this trip.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
flynnsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

You are 10 days PP. Stay in bed every moment you get, enjoy the baby and deal with it later. Hormones are nuts!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, all! Last night I went through my closet. I am putting everything in a tote to donate or resell. I don't have time or energy to do that right now, but it made the closet cleaner and I can start the reselling next spring. Next I need to do that in one corner/ room/ closet at a time without overworking myself. So far the playroom is the one area that is worst on my nerves, so I think I will work in there like 5 minutes tomorrow and make a list of what needs done.

If I just do 1 teeny baby step every day, I think I can work on it without exhausting my pp self.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Also - did you buy or are you renting? Does your husband like his new job? Hopefully he loves it and you can find some comfort in that!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #16
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I felt pretty much like that after DD2 was born, and we hadn't moved or anything! I can't imagine having that added stress on top of all the crazy postpartum hormones and what not!

Do try to rest, and keep telling yourself things will be better in a couple months (what I had to do). I like your idea of one small thing a day, just enough to keep you sane in the interim.
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, we bought and yes, dh loves his new job. He loves this house, too.

Unfortunately I left this thread on my computer and last night he read it. It hurts his feelings very badly that I am whining about the house. He is doing the best he can to do the projects it needs. So now I feel awful he read this. I told him that "hate" the house is an exaggeration, but he said, oh, I know you hate it. Sigh. I feel like a bad person. It is a nice house... and dh gets really defensive... he thinks I wouldn't be happy ANYWHERE, which is very untrue. I loved our last house.

I know it will take time. And, surprise, today dh got a bonus for the last job he completed. We could very well put the $ into the house, but I think I'd actually rather put it in a 9 month CD and save it for a vacation next summer. 10 years of marriage and we've NEVER taken a family vacation. Can you believe that? I think we all deserve it!

I'm pretty sure we can buy some storage furniture a little at a time outr of his regular pay.

Last edited by momomom; 08-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, mama!! I've been following your PP struggles a bit as I be-bop around these forums. Your feelings are legitimate and I don't blame you for wanting to accomplish SOMETHING, not matter how big or small, now that you have your body back. (I was out gardening the day I came home from the hospital with my last little one - I was so happy to be able to MOVE FREELY again that I didn't even consider that I should take it easy!) It's like a post partum nesting thing or something like that.

It's okay to not love a house right away. Heck, we don't even love our kids from the moment they are birthed. I mean, we're over-the-moon happy to have them, but we fall in love with them over time. At least IME. It's not wrong to take your time to fall in love with a house. It will come to suit your needs as you tackle each project. What's funny is that no matter where you are in life, a house is an ever-changing thing. It will suit your needs for awhile, then you have to change it all around again as your family grows and changes.

Chin up, mama! Feel what you want to feel and don't be ashamed of it!!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SenoraE- Yes, hi! I've been using DS a lot, what with all our moves, just to have some people to 'talk' to. All- ok MOST- LOL- of the moms on here are just the best.

And I hate when people change their avis, only because then I don't recognize them as easily!!!

Amy- Your post is so right on. Yes, yes, yes. I love adventure, and so does dh, but I'm sick of moving because I'm the one trying to make home this haven for everyone... so the house 'working' is really important to me, and I want everything done NOW! Today I am just lounging with Ivy and feeling blessed by her presence, trying to remind myself that people are way more important than things... period. She is really perfect. And I'll just have to hope that the longer I'm here working on it, the more I'll 'bond' with the house- .
Old 08-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #20
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hugs....I was there, but 7m preggo. Moved from a tiny condo, to a huge house and still found that I had tons of stuff everywhere!
Take it one day, one box at a time! Do you have a garage? Maybe everything can go there for now while you take its slowly?
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote