Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #41
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4
It's baby time for me!.
Water broke almost 2 hrs ago. Am in triage now. US showed head is down and I'm shooting for vbac today(or tomorrow).
Yay!
Awesome, good luck!

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #42
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 13th weekly chat

Happy EDD to meeeeeee.
Today includes such celebrations as paying bills, buying flea medicine and toilet paper, and maybe having another sleeve of Milano cookies. F*ck it girls. I'ma have a 10lber.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #43
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey
I just found out my husband is going to be sent off to either Japan or China, or both, in the next few months. He was told to go order his passport. I will be back to work working nights by then and I have no idea how we are going to work this all out. I know I have time to work it out but uggg... He has never been anywhere besides Mexico or Canada.
Oh mama that stinks! Any idea how long he'll be gone? My dad has been going to Japan for work a lot the last couple years, 2-4 weeks at a time. He really seems to like it over there.

Happy EDD to you, Paula! Sounds like a fun filled day ahead.

I stayed home from work today. So very tired. I woke up to pee at 11:45 last night then proceeded to have mild contractions every 10 minutes for the next few hours. I even took a shower around 1:30 and they didn't go away. They eventually stopped and I slept from about 4 til the alarm went off at 5. emailed my boss that I'd be sleeping in and she told me just to stay home all day. Have I mentioned I love my job and work with some great people? I keep feeling crampy now, but no more contractions. I think I'll do some laundry and cleaning. Might as well make my day off productive. Maybe we should go out for some shrimp quesadillas tonight too.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #44
1healthylady
Registered Users

I guess I'm officially on maternity leave now. Talked with my boss this afternoon and she encouraged me to just stay home next week, even if the LO doesn't arrive. With the uncertainty of next week's weather she just wants me home where I can be comfortable and rest as needed. I feel good that I got basically everything done before leaving. Just a few minor things that the student workers can finish up. It's so weird to think I won't be.back at work for another 3 months.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #45
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady
I guess I'm officially on maternity leave now. Talked with my boss this afternoon and she encouraged me to just stay home next week, even if the LO doesn't arrive. With the uncertainty of next week's weather she just wants me home where I can be comfortable and rest as needed. I feel good that I got basically everything done before leaving. Just a few minor things that the student workers can finish up. It's so weird to think I won't be.back at work for another 3 months.

Congrats

Been having some more ctx today. Im too burned out to get my hopes up.

'Smartphone' approved
Old 08-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #46
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Paula- you sound pretty bad! Hope you can relax this weekend and enjoy your bff. Baby will come. Baby will not be 10 lbs... if he is, it will be fine!

Have I mentioned I am sorta jealous of you all making it to your dd's??? I'd still have help here if Ivy had come on her dd- I'd still be babymooning.

Chach- let us know asap, ok? Fingers x'd for you.

I read ALL THREE books of the Hunger Games this week... dh made me watch the movie, then I was curious, and once I started reading... well, I just pretended Ivy wouldn't let me put her down. Dh didn't buy it, tho... like the time I got a reeeeally bad cold when I wanted to read all 1200 pages of the Count of Montecristo at one sitting. Which I nearly did- LOL- over 3 days. Hey, I still made dinner, and Ivy is getting chubby cheeks .

Hang in there mamas! The end is soooooo near. Then those squishy babes will all be snuggled up, nursing and getting their little bums fluffed up.

Yay!

OH! And Ivy will be 3 weeks on Sunday and she is showing no signs of colic. This is MAJOR for us, as our last 2 babies were all day and most of the night SCREAMERS from 2.5 weeks till about 10 months. It was traumatizing for me- the inability to comfort your baby combined with lack of sleep reeeeeeally screws up your head.

Love y'all!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #47
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Yay for no colic! I can't even imagine. Greta is a lot fussier than my son was (he was the most laid back baby ever) but she still doesn't cry very much. We're still working on the whole sleeping at night thing, and just the sleep deprivation alone can drive you bonkers. My nephew cried all the time and was a very intense baby (he's 4 now and still is very intense) and I know my sister really really struggled. I can see how it would be traumatizing, I hate when my babies cry for even a short period, or are fussy for more than a couple of minutes.

Greta is going to be 4 weeks old on Monday already! I can't believe it, it's going so fast already. She has her 1 month check-up next Friday, which seems crazy to me. She's getting a bit easier, overall. Less fussy and her digestion and discomfort seems to be getting better (she doesn't seem to have reflux or anything like that, I think it's mostly been gas, taking in too much air when she nurses, and her immature digestive tract). She almost never spits up, but she had a few nights where she'd seem very uncomfortable and was struggling, and then I'd give her gripe water and she'd power puke. The gripe water would either really help her, or make her puke. We've noticed that she seems more comfortable lately, and is sleeping better. However, last night was terrible! Not sure what was up, since the night before was her best night yet. Oh well, a day at a time. I gave her gripe water for the first time in about a week, and she kept everything down and is now snoozing away.

She's starting to have more wakeful periods, where she's very alert and paying attention to you and looking right at you, and her facial expressions change when you talk to her and it looks like she's about to smile. So sweet. She's really starting to fill out, too. I'm looking forward to seeing how much she has grown when she goes to the doctor, she's already outgrowing things and is getting those chubby baby cheeks. I think she's going to be up there with her brother, who was in the upper percentiles for growth. Sad because that also means she'll be outgrowing her adorable clothes like crazy!

My son (2 years old) is doing so well with this big adjustment. He has his moments, of course. He acts out a bit and can be really LOUD. It's hard to separate what is just his normal 2 year old self, and what is acting out because of the new baby. But he is so sweet to her! He gives her a million kisses a day, wants to hug her, etc. So even though he can be frustrating and tiring and sassy, I am so glad that he feels love toward her and doesn't seem to resent her. He's a very sweet kid in general, and I think we're doing our best at including him, doing fun things with him when possible, and giving him as much attention as we can. He's learning how to be patient when we need him to wait, too. Overall I am just so happy with how he's adjusting. It hasn't been perfect or easy, but definitely better than I expected. He asks to nurse more often, although I've held firm that it's just for naptime and bedtime for him, but he doesn't get upset when he sees his sister nursing a million times a day... thank goodness!

I'm healing up really well this time around. I didn't have a bad recovery last time or anything, but I bled longer and was way more uncomfortable. My lochia is almost gone at this point, unless I am especially active (like yesterday we ran errands, walked around Target for awhile, etc. and we were gone for several hours, my flow picked up a bit after that). My milk supply is wonderful again, too.

Hugs to all of you who are still waiting for your little ones to arrive. Hang in there, it will be over before you know it. Sometimes I'm still surprised by little things, either missing pregnancy (not much, but a little) or being surprised my big belly isn't there anymore (like when I put on my seat belt) or I forget that I'm "allowed" to do things now that I couldn't before. I wish I had enjoyed my pregnancy more, even though it was hard to do this time around.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 08-25-2012 at 05:57 AM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #48
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gonna go see the mw today. Nothing new to report. Man, i sound like a debbie downer.

'Smartphone' approved
Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #49
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!
....that's all I got....

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #50
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

It sounds like I am not the only one who's plans have been disrupted by a stubborn fetus. My first two came before edd's and so we actually were ready for it this time. My mom came on the 16th (edd is 27th) and she leaves on the 27th. Now we are thinking we are going to change her departure . . . for a chunk of cash. Sigh . . . Is it a bad sign that this one isn't copperating already?!?

Good luck to all of those playing the waiting game. And congrats to all who have your little ones in your arms. May you get plenty of rest/sleep/support!