Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TTC while nursing question?

Hiya mamas,
We aren't TTC yet - probably won't until my ds is at least 12 months, but I was just wondering if it takes longer to TTC while still nursing your lo? I know it can be very delayed for mamas who haven't gotten AF back regularly, but I've had AF like clockwork since 12 weeks postpartum despite EB******.

So, mamas with regular AF's who have little ones who nurse frequently - how long did it take you to conceive #2 (or #3 or #7 - whatever LOL!)

Advertisement

aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC while nursing question?

I dont count... but I never had a period after my son was born .. and I started getting sick around his first birthday.. and went to the dr.. bc I was soooo .. and found out I was pregnant..lol...

and after I had my dd ..she stopped nursing at 12 mths.. ON HER BIRTHDAY was her last nurse... so .. I never had to deal with AF and nursing..

anywho.. I hope it doesnt take you long mama!
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

well i can't speak from personal experience as i was not getting my period regularly when i did get pregnant (while nursing) but, my friend started TTC only after she was getting her period regularly, and it took her six months to get pregnant. it took four months for their first, so just a little longer.

it only took us two cycles after my period came back, and it definitely wasn't regular yet. i've read that if your period is coming back regularly, then breastfeeding is most likely not affecting your fertility. good luck mama!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I had my last real AF in oct 04, had Noah 7/05 first PP AF 5/6 then nothing till 8/6 Got PG on Sept 13th. I can happen I just had to watch my body and do some NFP methods. Good luck when you start trying.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven
Registered Users

My Mood:

i could never get pg while nursing. AF started when my oldest was 7 mos then i skipped it at 8 mos had another at 9 mos skipped 10 mos and got pg when he was almost 12 mos old. I weaned at 12 months. My second I weaned him at 10 months and was pg by the time he was 11 mos My sil got her AF when her DS was 4 months old and was pg by the time he was 6 mos so it all depends she continued nursing until 2 weeks before her DD was born. since you are already regular i would say its very possible to get pg while nursing right now even (if thats your only form of BC).
Old 05-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
vienna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my DD 2/06 and finally got a regular AF around 9/06. We are still nursing and I just found out that I am pregnant, so it took about 8 months of TTC while nursing for us
Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I had my DD 2/06 and finally got a regular AF around 9/06. We are still nursing and I just found out that I am pregnant, so it took about 8 months of TTC while nursing for us
Congratulations!
(and thanks for sharing)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience or others you know!

We aren't trying yet - still using other methods to "prevent" for now! I just found out from my OB that 20% of women get their AF back regularly despite EBF'ing. For right now - I wish I was in the other 80%! But hopefully it means that TTC won't be too difficult for us to achieve once we want it!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AF was back 2 weeks after postpardum ended. I was regular and nursing dd full time until 6 months. I still nursed her regularly until she was almost 1. She turned 1 the end of March and I got pregnant in Jan. We were using other means of bc until the first of Jan. So I got pregnant as soon as I "o" from my cycle in Dec. No problems here.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **

Last edited by mother4JC; 05-08-2007 at 07:19 AM.
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #10
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It took us 5mths to conceive #2 while BFing DD who is a year old. ~~~~~babydust~~~~~~! (got my first AF back when baby was 7mths old and it was really irregular, but we managed to conceive )