Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Mack
Registered Users
seller

The ka 600 series is all metal components. Everything else has plastic parts. Spend the extra for that if you want it to last as long as grandma's.

Advertisement

Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
Bosch Compact http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 I don't have one but I couldn't in good conscience recommend anything Kitchenaid. Even their dishwashers are garbage! The Bosch gets great reviews and I have been eyeing this (or it's big brother the universal) for years!
I love my Kitchenaids too! Both of my dishwashers have cleaned like champs (my Electrolux was garbage). And I of course live the mixer. Except it is SUPER heavy. I could at least carry around my old Sunbeam.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need a mixer!

I am glad that so many of you love your KA mixers. However one look at Amazon proves that I am not alone. Some of those people are even harder then I am on KA. Look at the 1 star reviews. That is what I do whenever I want to see what people don't like about a product. If I think they are full of it, then I will purchase the product, if they seem real, then I will not get the product.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love my kitchenaid mixers. I have had the artisan, and now have the Pro 600. That one is enormous, so I kinda miss my artisan. We work them to death, both baking and grinding all off our own beef, and never had a problem. The one time I got a mixer that the attachments didn't fit in right, they sent out a new one right away and didn't even make me send the first one back until I got the new one.

I've also had vintage sunbeam mixers, which were great, but I preferred the kitchenaid.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, and after having a horrible cs experience with cuisinart, I won't buy any thing from them again.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I have a Kitchen Aid Pro, this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 except mine is red and shiny and beautiful.

I got it for around 300 at Costco when it was on sale. I love it so much. If woman and property were allowed to marry this would be the one (just don't tell my DH). I had a bit of a time adjusting to the fact that the head doesn't tilt and you lift and lower the bowl instead, but I also feel that these features make it more sturdy. (It also weighs about the same as my toddler.)

I once mashed 10lbs of potatoes at once. It took about 3 or 4minutes It was pretty magical. I it. It's seriously my favorite kitchen appliance right now.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I am glad that so many of you love your KA mixers. However one look at Amazon proves that I am not alone. Some of those people are even harder then I am on KA. Look at the 1 star reviews. That is what I do whenever I want to see what people don't like about a product. If I think they are full of it, then I will purchase the product, if they seem real, then I will not get the product.
Yeah, I've seen those. They are making me nervous. But I am also trying to take into consideration that there are many more five star reviews than one star ones. I don't doubt that they have had issues....I guess maybe I'm just hoping I'll be lucky? Because it seems like those who do like them REALLY like them.

That said, I do not have $400 to spend on a mixer. Would be nice, but I just don't. I am probably going to get the KA Classic Plus, 275 watt motor, 4.5 quart bowl. Does anyone have that one? It's "on sale" at Kohl's for $229, but I have a 20% off coupon, it has a rebate, plus Kohl's cash so it will end up being more likee $130. Just wanted to check in here to see if anyone had and loved/hated that particular model. It's temping to look at those bigger, better models, but I'm trying to restrain myself.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten
I am probably going to get the KA Classic Plus, 275 watt motor, 4.5 quart bowl. Does anyone have that one? It's "on sale" at Kohl's for $229, but I have a 20% off coupon, it has a rebate, plus Kohl's cash so it will end up being more likee $130. Just wanted to check in here to see if anyone had and loved/hated that particular model. It's temping to look at those bigger, better models, but I'm trying to restrain myself.
My mom had a classic Kitchenaid from her wedding till my dad killed it grinding wheat. Then she got a new (to her--I think it was refurbished) one and it's fine. I've used hers and she's used mine and we both prefer hers! The bowl attaches more easily and the whole thing weighs less.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #19
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Wow, I've never seen a mixer like that before. You hate kitchenaid? I've never heard any one say anything negative about their mixers....can I ask why you feel that way? I thought about a KA, but I don't really want to spend that much. From the searching I've been doing though I was leaning towards biting the bullet--I've read loads of good things about them.
I have the full sized bosche.
Waste of money? I use it about two times a week. I really like it. I shouldn't have to purchase another in my lifetime. I can have 6 loaves of bread done in 90 minutes.
That said, it s expensive. But the dang thing really is awesome. I make salad dressings, use it as a food processor, the blender, I could go on and on...
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #20
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Yeah, I've seen those. They are making me nervous. But I am also trying to take into consideration that there are many more five star reviews than one star ones. I don't doubt that they have had issues....I guess maybe I'm just hoping I'll be lucky? Because it seems like those who do like them REALLY like them.
Glad your going into it with your eyes open. If after you get your KA keep an eye on it. If it doesn't seem right then return it right away. Just don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck!