Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What was the biggest transition for you?

1-2 was the toughest for me. They were 17 months apart and kept me on my toes, #3 arrived when my youngest was 2.5 so both of my older kids were quite independent. #4 is due next month, and my youngest will only be 14 months, so I'm expecting a bit of an adjustment period again.

Advertisement

alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom1110 View Post
Going from 1-2 was hardest for me. They were only 13 mos apart and I really struggled. Baby #3 came 2.5 years later and I handled it much better...probably because I was "seasoned" to the craziness. LOL
This was our spacing exactly and I agree. 1-2 was REALLY hard for me, adding #3 was like nothing
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
[QUOTE="Ontariomama"]

Definitely 2-3! #3 was super high maintenance (as in I don't think I put him down until he could walk!! lol) so #1 and 2 had to learn a lot of patience quickly. [QUOTE]

Exact same here! Ds is 2.5 months now and still super touchy/needy!! And yes hubs is thinking of a V as well!!
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #14
SageR
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think a lot of it must depend on spacing and personality - yours and the baby's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
From 0-1.
Yes. I had actually spent plenty of time around babies and young children but as a teacher - I got to go home alone at the end of the day. Nothing could have prepared me for the intensity of full time attachment parenting a high needs baby.

It has gotten easier for me with each child. My middle guys were mellow babies and although #4 is another high needs my other boys are either fairly self sufficient or helpful so it's not so bad.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
From 2 to 3 was hardest for me..after that it didn't really margie a big differance.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
From 2 to 3 was hardest for me..after that it didn't really makr a big differance.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
What worked for you guys with reflux? My DD is 15 months and has reflux, but I've been hesitant to take her in bc I'm nervous they'll jump straight to medication. Not against meds, just nervous. And our pedi's office is highly unorganized and a pain in the ***.
Sorry I just saw this.... I breastfed, so I eliminated my dairy. I am now a strict veg mostly vegan bc ALL of my children have had issues after I eat dairy while breastfeeding. Since cutting out dairy I have had the sweetest sleepers and happiest babies.

I hope that helps some.

Last edited by dagmomma; 08-22-2012 at 05:51 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thx! Oh dairy! I can't even begin wrapping my kind around how to cut that put... Though it'd bs worth a shot. How long of an elimination would work to see actual results?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #19
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

0-1 was hardest for me too. I had no clue what I was in for, he was (and still is) an incredibly high-maintenance child, and I also suffered from PPD that went undiagnosed for 9 long months. While 1-2 and 2-3 were sometimes challenging, they were nothing compared to the first and motherhood adjustment.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #20
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
1-2. My first was super easy, breastfed no problem, slept through the night @ 4 weeks. She was very social and went with anyone.

#2 and #1 are 2yrs 4 months apart, I had mastasis, she had trouble latching, at 10 months she still wakes up at least twice at night. She is very introverted and attached to me, no one can even look at her without screaming.

I couldn't take care of both kids easily until around 6 months. Now that she is older it is getting easier