Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best time of year to deliver?

I had one in August and one in June. I think April/May would be ideal. I like having the long days. It seems less like sleep deprivation when it is daylight for 12 hours a day. I also like being able to take them out and not worry about the cold. It gets really cold where I am in the winter though.

Advertisement

JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a mid-March and an early November baby, I really loved March but November was nice, too. BF'ing my March baby was a PITB, kind of, he was still nursing really often during the super hot days of summer so it was a sweaty mess more often than not, but we made it.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first was born in January and we didn't leave the house for almost 2 full months aside for his pedi appointments. I was scared to death to take him out and I didn't want anyone to visit because I was afraid he'd get sick. Some of that was because he was my first though. My second was born in April and that was nice. It was snowing the day we brought him home (gotta love Ohio!) but had hit the 70's by the end of the month. My third was born in April too and I was happy with that. I'd hate to have another winter baby, I'm just so afraid they'd get sick and with older kids in school all kinds of stuff gets brought home. I always wanted a girl born in May. Oh well!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Ive had one born in August and one in December. I love having babies during the fall and winter months! Our winters where I live are not cold. Its usually like in the 60s. Im hopeing to get pregnant in December so if all goes well I will have a around september baby ;-)
Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My olldest is a December baby and my youngest was born in October. I loved the December timeframe because I was off for the entire holiday season and it wasn't hot at all when he was a newborn. October wasn't too bad either, but I went back just in time for Christmas so I had to work through then and new years. It felt like I didn't get as much time with my baby and we didn't get as much family time.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
ElsieCayare
Registered Users

My Mood:
September was nice. I got to run around in a bikini and it was considered appropriate attire. I was due in August which would have been better.
ElsieCayare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Had mine in March. As I hate snow and dark days, it worked well for me to have my favorite time of year while my mood was a little low (postpartum depression). I think it would have been worse had it been cold and I felt trapped indoors during the shorter days of winter.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved having my boys in Feb adn early May. Now haivng a Sept. one it sucks. I loved being pregnant in the winter. I have hated being pregnant in the summer.

We did plan this one so that it would be due after our oldest started Kindergarden so we would only have two in daycare so that worked out and was/is a positive.

If I we do have another (long shot) then I will go for a late winter/early spring baby.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I only seem to get pg certain times of year! My dd was born in January, ds1 December, ds2 December, and ds3 is due the first week of January! It is not cold where I live either, so that is not an issue. The only problem is there are a lot of RSV cases here in the winter months. I am going to breastfeed, so helpfully that will protect him. I also stay home, so hopefully there will not be too many opportunities for him to get sick!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I planned to have a baby in the summer. I love the summer and having a summer birthday so I wanted my first born in the summer. I'm so happy that it worked out that way.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote