Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #31
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a teacher. March was awesome because I wasn't very pregnant the previous summer, had a Christmas to get baby stuff, and didn't have to go back to school for the rest of the year, but got paid for almost all my time off.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
NWNative32
Registered Users

I had both my kids in March (3 years and 8 days apart) and loved it! I don't know why, but I guess I just liked how I had a new baby when spring was right around the corner and the weather was getting better .
NWNative32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
NappyKnitter
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best time of year to deliver?

I would say spring. My husband and I are shooting for march. Not too hot, but winter is far off.
NappyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #34
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

March was a great time for a baby, I think. January was too cold and the weather was really crappy the year my first was born. It was impossible to go anywhere.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #35
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was march and as a teacher the timing for me was great. Not huge pregnant in the summer and got the rest of the school year off. The only down side was that my husband and I raise sheep and this was RIGHT in the middle of us lambing. My hubby was trying to lamb sheep while driving back and forth to the hospital, leaving my mom home to worry about lambing problems (my mom knows NOTHING about lambing sheep). Then the first few weeks I was home my mom had to learn how to play sheep midwife for dh because I was to sick to help him and there were lots of times he needed a second set of hands. She always thought she wanted to live on a farm until that spring! Now she never wants to be here again when I"m down during lambing. She comes sometimes but I'm up so she just gets to do the fun parts like hold the bottle babies and such, no dealing with half dead ones, or ewes that die in the process. Ya, that was a rough year. Anyway, if this LO sticks around I'll be due in May. That will be much better. All the advantages of spring but I won't be totally down with a newborn during Feb and March lambing. I'll be hugely pregnant during it, but whatever, I'm tough. I'm just not tough after a horrible c section.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #36
Erinne
Registered Users

I want a spring baby next time so that dd won't be in school bringing home germs for a while and dh will be able to spend more time with her on his paternity leave. My mil is a school bus driver, so she would be available to help during the summer, too.
Fall would be my last choice because then they're home for so much longer before they start school. Isn't that awful, haha!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm trying to decide what would be ideal for #2. I liked having a mid-March baby because I wasn't as worried about him getting sick, we got to take walks/stroller rides every day, etc. But I HATED being pregnant in the winter because we got constant snow and ice all winter long that year and I was terrified of being in a car crash or slipping on the ice. I'm thinking maybe to try for February-April time frame for the next baby, but another part of me wants to try for late November/early December. The benefits of that would be not being pregnant in the winter, getting to hunker down all winter long in our house while on maternity leave (I like not having to go out and go to work when the weather is bad, and I barely left the house when DS was a newborn anyway), having DH home for longer since he gets 1 week paternity leave and usually has 2 weeks off at the holidays, and also my maternity leave would be during a time that is normally slow for me at work, as opposed to spring/summer when I'm swamped.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #38
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinne
I want a spring baby next time so that dd won't be in school bringing home germs for a while and dh will be able to spend more time with her on his paternity leave. My mil is a school bus driver, so she would be available to help during the summer, too.
Fall would be my last choice because then they're home for so much longer before they start school. Isn't that awful, haha!
Lol! That is funny!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #39
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I loved having a January baby! It was after the holidays so not much going on, tax returns for getting extra baby stuff, getting more daylight, just the right size for a super cute Easter outfit, big enough by summer to enjoy out door activities and old enough to have a cool Christmas and visit everybody without worrying about catching a bug.
My previous 3 were fall babies and it definitely put a kink in Holiday productivity.

Last edited by rumblepurr; 09-11-2012 at 08:27 PM.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #40
momofbeachboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have 2 in August & 1 in May. May was WAY better than August but next time I'd like December-March...
momofbeachboys is offline   Reply With Quote