Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Trynitey
Registered Users
seller

Re: Heartbeat rate and gender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny Bunny Baby View Post
There's hope I have three girls...the first was 165, the second 155 & the third 160.This little bean was 170....and was looking very boyish at my last u/s. I have had HG with all my pregnancies...and this time around has not been any better. I don't think heartrate or MS are indicative of gender.
For me, MS isn't an indicator at all so I agree with you there. I have 2 girls and a boy. I was so sick with DD1 that I lost 12lbs before starting to gain any of it back. With DD2, I felt fine, only a bit of nausea here and there but her pregnancy was the easiest on me. I swore she'd be a boy b/c of how different my pregnancies were, she was definitely a girl! DS, I got sick all the time and had bad morning sickness my entire first trimester and continued to have nausea and some bad morning sickness days throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

Advertisement

Need Extra Money? Swagbucks or Persona Paper
Trynitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my boys were 130's dd was 150-160s
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Girls were all 150s and up. The boy was 130s-140s.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #14
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

My last 3 boys were all 160 plus...the last had a baseline of 170-180 (crazy high). The girl before that was 130-140. Also as a midwife, I have gotten to hear LOTS of heartrates there really is no connection.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows

Do you have a link for this? I've done a lot of research on MS and have not come across any scientific studies linking fetal gender with MS severity. FWIW I had horrible MS with vomiting >15 times per day up to week 20 with DS.
I can't find it now. Poo. I'll look again from my computer, but it was an article I think on Yahoo a few weeks ago that was talking about gender myths and it had the info for the studies they cited.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #16
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny Bunny Baby

There's hope I have three girls...the first was 165, the second 155 & the third 160.This little bean was 170....and was looking very boyish at my last u/s. I have had HG with all my pregnancies...and this time around has not been any better. I don't think heartrate or MS are indicative of gender.
I'm hoping for another girl. but the ms I need to find the info on it, but it has science behind it that women who suffer from ms actually are somewhat more likely to have girls.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy

I'm hoping for another girl. but the ms I need to find the info on it, but it has science behind it that women who suffer from ms actually are somewhat more likely to have girls.
I read something recently on that too. I forgot the article (maybe Parenting.com?) but it quoted a scientific study that said when you are pregnant with a girl, your Hcg levels are higher making you sicker.

eta: Article from WebMD, but not the original one I read http://www.m.webmd.com/baby/features...-gender?page=6

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/health/19real.html
Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #18
MustangMama
Registered Users

My Mood:
My three girls were always high 160s. My son was always low 140s. This baby has been 170+ so I think it's another girl.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
MustangMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #19
ericanicole1111
Registered Users
seller

19 weeks with a girl and her hb has ranged from 130-160.... so I think its a wive's tale
Old 08-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
3princesses+1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had an appointment today and the heartrate was 159, which leaves me in a quandry on what to guess this time. With all 3 of my girls the rate was in the 160s and with DS it was 150s or 140s. My OB said that she doesn't really see a consistancy one way or the other with heartrate except that they tend to be higher at the beginning of pregnancy and lower towards the end, so if that is the case I think I will guess my little one is a boy if the rate will get lower from here! I have my 20 wk ultrasound scheduled for Sept 18th, so should know for sure then! Wow...hard to believe this pregnancy will be halfway through in just 4 weeks!!!