Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight loss and the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar View Post
Is there anyone who has ditched the scale?? My body looks so different to me, but the scale isn't budging! What gives?!? ok it's only been a week but I was in pretty good shape 2 years ago so my body seems to be remembering everything...
Im a personal trainer...the scale means nothing lol lean muscle mass will make you look thinner and burn fat. I'm a size 6 and weigh 150lbs and im not ashamed of my weight. But I do a lot of weight training too, the scale can be a good guideline but it doesn't tell the whole story...sounds like your doing good!

Advertisement

beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMamma View Post
Since we moved about a year ago, we still haven't unpacked our scale & I am SOOO glad b/c I get obsessive - need to step on it everytime I see it in the bathroom.

I've found the way you feel & your clothing size is a better judge, at least for me. It's better mentally anyway. I can experience a gain or loss from anywhere between 2 & 15 lbs in a 24-48 hr time period. I know it sounds pretty drastic, but it happens. I used to get myself wrapped up in the weight, but now if my clothes fit comfy & I look ok (to myself) in the mirror, then I don't worry. And I listed to my body to see if I feel bloated, bogged down, etc. That easily tells me if I need to adjust my water intake, drink some tea to flush out excess liquid, be a bit more physical, etc.

And remember - muscle weighs more than fat & if you are working out, you may lose fat & build muscle. And there's no one right weight/size that's good for every person. I hate those stupid "If you're xx tall you should be xx weight. It's crazy! People aren't clones.

except a lb of muscle and a lb of fat weigh the same...but w more muscle you will weigh more just look leaner and be healthier
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
lookatreestar
Registered Users

Last edited by lookatreestar; 08-03-2013 at 11:55 PM.
lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #14
lookatreestar
Registered Users

Last edited by lookatreestar; 08-03-2013 at 11:55 PM.
lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #15
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No scale here either and i don't want one. I have been a lean 145 and a "fat" 150 so i know its just a number. At a lean fit 145 i was a 6, even a 4 at times. But at 150 with far more fat than muscle I was in a 10.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
TakodasMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm overweight and my scale has been at 250 for a month. I eat right, run lift weights. I've learned we store fat in our muscles. So while that fat is going away the muscles are becoming more lean but the scale may not budge. I hate people who say if you don't over eat and exercise you will lose pounds. That's not true. I've almost drove myself nuts thinking about it.

The truth is, I feel better. I can breathe easier yoga and running don't get me out of breathe neither does going up the stairs. I can hold my son for a lot longer. My legs are leaner and my stomach is smaller... So regardless of what that stupid scale says I've lost weight.

Don't let the scale discourage you.