Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

How much should she be eating? X-Posted in Solids

I am wondering how much/how often dd should be eating food. She does both baby food and people food. We have only started foods within the last couple weeks, but I just started back at work 2 days ago (teacher-had all summer off), and so I'd like her to be eating more foods b/c I am not getting much pumping and would like her to sort of reverse cycle and nurse more in the evenings/night and have less bottles during the day. She is almost 9 months old and here is what the day looks like:

5am: alarm goes off so I can nurse her-she may or may not nurse well depending on how much I can wake her up
6:15-6:30ish: nurse again before I leave for work
6:45-7: I leave for work and will be home 4-4:30
after I get home nurse on demand

So from 7 to 4, how many bottles should she have and how much food should she have? I pump 3 times at work, but only getting 2 ounces each time, which only makes 6 ounces total and she will drink a 6- 8 ounce bottle in one sitting, so have to supplement with formula.

Dh said that she had 3 bottles yesterday and one time ate food. I'm thinking she'll still probably need 3 bottles? Idk, b/c I just nurse on demand when home, so don't really think about how often she is nursing...but maybe food 2 times?

Any thoughts?

ETA: all summer she nursed on demand.

Advertisement