Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #21
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: Do your kids have this many toys?! Pic Heavy!

OMG love your playroom! Our formal dining room is my ebay room, but if we get a bigger house, I'm going to move my ebay room into a bedroom and do something like that for the playroom, and still keep 2 girls to each room and the baby in ours.

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #22
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I might come back tomorrow and post the no holds barred, uncleaned up, unedited version of our play room. It looks like a toy monster barfed all over everything. I can't keep it organized, and it's so hard to downsize because over the course of a week my kids play with everything. It makes me cringe. Though posting a picture of it may make all of you mamas with lovely play areas feel better
Old 08-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #23
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

We do not have a lot of toys.

We have an ikea trofast where most live, a expedit with a few cubes that hold blocks and duplo. Then a small bin in the living room. For bigger toys we really only have a boppy car, push wagon and rocking horse. And we have one bin of stuffed animals.

Thats everything.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #24
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

trofast the brown cupboard on the right is clothing for both boys

expedit the stuff on top is gone and diapers live there now
Old 08-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #25
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
The bins are all full, or very nearly

Plus all the big toys, stuffed animals and costumes/dress-up
LOVE THIS SPACE!!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #26
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
just a play room. It's what would be the formal dining room, but we see no need for that. It's a PERFECT play room because it's closed in enough to contain them while being open enough that they can easily be seen
I would love (LOVE) to have a separate playroom! Seriously, our next house must have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemariep View Post
I might come back tomorrow and post the no holds barred, uncleaned up, unedited version of our play room. It looks like a toy monster barfed all over everything. I can't keep it organized, and it's so hard to downsize because over the course of a week my kids play with everything. It makes me cringe. Though posting a picture of it may make all of you mamas with lovely play areas feel better
Do it! But seriously, the room does not usually look like this. They were at daycare and I spent all day cleaning. Before they came to wake me up this morning they've already pulled out the train set and a bunch of play food and spread out all ober the living room and the basket of cars is dumped all over the bedroom floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
trofast the brown cupboard on the right is clothing for both boys

expedit the stuff on top is gone and diapers live there now
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my kids have more. I say that because they have a playroom that is FULL and their bedrooms are full too and I have some stored in the basement. BUT, I have 5 kids who are all 6 years and under. We don't buy them many toys, but they get a ton for gifts. And, since their are 5 of them, they get a ton times 5.

I am actually about to go through and get rid of a ton of stuff. I've realized they don't even play with a lot of it, especially the stuff in storage. LOL! We just have too much. I've also already made it clear to the people who give us the most toys that we don't want toys for B-days and Christmas this year. (We have 3 of the 5 b-days in the fall near Christmas and we will have a 4th b-day around the same time coming this fall, but newborns don't need toys when they are born. ) We are asking for things like zoo memberships and sleeping bags for camping.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Yeah, my kids have more. I say that because they have a playroom that is FULL and their bedrooms are full too and I have some stored in the basement. BUT, I have 5 kids who are all 6 years and under. We don't buy them many toys, but they get a ton for gifts. And, since their are 5 of them, they get a ton times 5.

I am actually about to go through and get rid of a ton of stuff. I've realized they don't even play with a lot of it, especially the stuff in storage. LOL! We just have too much. I've also already made it clear to the people who give us the most toys that we don't want toys for B-days and Christmas this year. (We have 3 of the 5 b-days in the fall near Christmas and we will have a 4th b-day around the same time coming this fall, but newborns don't need toys when they are born. ) We are asking for things like zoo memberships and sleeping bags for camping.
I like this idea! I will be doing something similar. Gifts will eiither be add ons to existing toys (extra tracks/trains for the train set, cars, lalaloopsy etc) - and those will be limited to one per giver - or activities. DD has been wanting to get back into gymnastics and we can't afford it right now, so that will be on the gift list.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
settles
Registered Users
seller

I only have one child and she has a TON of toys! I clean out her toys every 6-months or so and put the ones she is too old for or doesn't play with in a tub and they go up to the attic. I don't have any toys in her bedroom, they are all in the REC-room and stay very organized, otherwise I'd go insane!
settles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We literally have hundreds of toys. My basement really looks like toyrus exploded.